Fiftteent game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Fiftteent game on the multiplayer slow game server

#301 Post by Oberlus »

You mean you need more time to think between turns?

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#302 Post by LienRag »

I don't really know, but yes playing a turn in multiple fractions (connecting and reconnecting) is usually what brought the best moves out of me.

But it doesn't necessary mean more time between turns as it's not a guarantee that i'll spend this time playing, especially now that there are so little stakes for me. And I don't want to punish you IRL (by delaying my turns) for destroying me in-game.

Anyway the game is nearly over for me, so I'm not sure it's worth the hassle.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#303 Post by Oberlus »

You got a nice stack down there.
I wonder why you decided to focus on o01eg instead of on me.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#304 Post by LienRag »

Oberlus wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:53 pm You got a nice stack down there.
Because I needed to secure my southern border and hoped that I could do it quickly before turning to your unsuspecting forces.
Also because I had none (or nearly none) of these ships when you attacked me; what I had would have been pointlessly destroyed if I had thrown them at your main invading force and weren't fast enough to outmanoeuvre you.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#305 Post by LienRag »

Oberlus, I think you were telling me about a scary-meanie-biggy stack of Ophiuchus ships that prevented you from sleeping ?
Problem solved !

(on an unrelated topic, my upkeep costs have suddenly tanked; probably the Gods of War are sending me their blessings ?)

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#306 Post by LienRag »

LienRag wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:31 pm
Oberlus wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:53 pm You got a nice stack down there.
Because I needed to secure my southern border and hoped that I could do it quickly before turning to your unsuspecting forces.
Also because I had none (or nearly none) of these ships when you attacked me; what I had would have been pointlessly destroyed if I had thrown them at your main invading force and weren't fast enough to outmanoeuvre you.
But yes, if 0o1g had agreed to a ceasefire I believe that I would have moped the floor with you, if that's what your question was.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#307 Post by LienRag »

Oh, and also :
"Etty at last !
Etty at last !
Thank you God almighty, Etty at last !"

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#308 Post by Oberlus »

LienRag wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:50 am Oberlus, I think you were telling me about a scary-meanie-biggy stack of Ophiuchus ships that prevented you from sleeping ?
No, I meant your stack (that was bigger), Ophi's wasn't a problem, we are at peace.
LienRag wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:50 am Problem solved !
Not exactly. My agreement with wobbly includes helping the other after you are done to have a fair final match despite your unbalancing gameplay. Since you now killed his fleet I shall give him more planets to level things out after you're annihilated.

Yeah, it's true this is a no-team-victory game, but making it more balanced is more pleasant to me. Plus I like to keep my word.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#309 Post by Oberlus »

LienRag wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:52 am But yes, if 0o1g had agreed to a ceasefire I believe that I would have moped the floor with you, if that's what your question was.
Hehe. Then, how do you feel knowing that o01eg agreed to it and you screwed things up?

- o01eg didn't agree to it, yara yara.

No, really, o01eg agreed to it, just let wobbly tell you on his name (they are allies).

- No, o01eg didn't agree to it, he should have said it, blabla.

Hehe, that sounds like our own past interactions, in which I agreed to things, you attacked me and said it was my fault.
Ok, pal, *shrugs* now you lose this game dreaming with you being the best diplomat, best tactician, best everything, looking at your shiny mirror.
Sleep with a smile. As you keep repeating, it's only a game, and everybody agrees on that, so don't worry, it's fine.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#310 Post by wobbly »

I'm not sure whether o01eg filled out all the requisite paperwork in triplicate then signed it with the blood of his firstborn but I do know there was what I believed to be a deal.

Particularly as it was a deal vital to your survival and winning chances, not to mine. A deal which you were pushing for in the first place. You may not of liked the actual details, but too bad, have more gunships if you want a better deal.

Generally the side with the most to lose doesn't look for excuses to break a bargin and commit suicide, but I'm at the point of giving up on seeing any logic in what you do.

At the end of the day you turned a potentially winning position into certain loss in the space of a few turns. That takes some skill and art.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#311 Post by Oberlus »

wobbly wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:31 amI do know there was what I believed to be a deal.
LienRag, I can (gladly) confirm that quote. Wobbly warned me that he got to an agreement with you and that he and me were going to fight each other soon (the initial objective of our agreement was achieved: . A couple of turns later he wrote me to say "change of plans". You had to be annihilated because of your brilliant diplomacy pissing everyone off.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#312 Post by LienRag »

Nice ambush, Oberlus.
I didn't see it coming.

Apparently when playing my turns in one go my competence goes down the crapper...

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#313 Post by Oberlus »

LienRag wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:56 pm Nice ambush, Oberlus.
I didn't see it coming.

Apparently when playing my turns in one go my competence goes down the crapper...
Thanks for the compliment. I didn't really think too much: in the previous turn I just gathered my forces on the two only chokepoints, and this turn I had that big stack just next to were you were going so I had no other option than to go there too.
I'm rushing onmiscanner so that I can stop worrying about your invisible skirmishers. Well played those.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#314 Post by wobbly »

Soon, Mr Oberlus, soon we fight. I'm seeing a lot of blue ships on the board, but they do look a little ... small.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#315 Post by Oberlus »

wobbly wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:21 am Soon, Mr Oberlus, soon we fight. I'm seeing a lot of blue ships on the board, but they do look a little ... small.
Indeed! I was so stressed during the first ~120 turns (first harrased by LR, then also Ophiuchus) that I would keep all my planets set to industry and focus my little research on the most important for immediate survival. Therefore, I would not dare to devote any RP to get the expensive self-gravs. Now it's a bit too late, but if we manage to make this a little longer I could get solar hulls :D