Fiftteent game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Re: Fiftteent game on the multiplayer slow game server

#241 Post by Ophiuchus »

Must have set one of the ships to aggressive I guess? Else it combat shouldnt have triggered.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#242 Post by Oberlus »

Yeah. I was surprised to see that battle triggered. I didn't even know the fleet was in that system (I thought it was in the next one and I was just waiting for the storm to pass away).

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#243 Post by LienRag »

Oberlus wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:22 am All Gysache worlds are shouting, screaming, crying, for joy.
The marauding fleet of looters that has been terroryzing Gysache and hiding within ion storms to avoid our forces was decimated not so long ago, and now the great Etty army with enslaved Eaxaw pilots that threatened the heart of our territory and our sacred homeworld has fall to a surprise attack* from our combined force of noble Gysache, reeducated George, and brave Eaxaw refugees. Many lives were lost in that epic battle, but victory is ours.
We again can see a bright future for this galaxy. Peace, serenity and freedom will be our motto again!
The George Empire address a vigorous and official diplomatic complain to the Gysache Empire for their George "reeducation" campaign ! This is an atrocity and no word is strong enough to condemn it !

swaq
Space Dragon

#244 Post by swaq »

Oberlus wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:22 am (the English expression "whoop for joy" is too dull.)
I'm pretty sure I've never heard that phrase in my life.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#245 Post by Oberlus »

swaq wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:57 am
Oberlus wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:22 am (the English expression "whoop for joy" is too dull.)
I'm pretty sure I've never heard that phrase in my life.
Neither I did. It's a British expression, I think. My source is wordreference forums.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#246 Post by LienRag »

I get a "content checskum on the server and the client differs" every time I connect.
I tested so FO file on single players yesterday, may that be the cause ?

o01eg
Programmer

#247 Post by o01eg »

LienRag wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:04 am I get a "content checskum on the server and the client differs" every time I connect.
I tested so FO file on single players yesterday, may that be the cause ?
Yes, is it possible you changed file content?
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#248 Post by Oberlus »

LienRag, you better undo whatever you changed, since it can make your client to tell you incorrect things (because server has different logic).

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#249 Post by LienRag »

I mostly changed the directory from its usual path to a path directing to a copy of the default folder - copy where I made the changes to the FOCS files.
I thought the multiplayer would fetch the files from the usual path and not a custom one ?
Isn't it a good way to cheat, if I was so inclined ?

I can redirect the path to the standard one, if necessary.

It is quite a PITA though, it would be easier if it was doable in one (or two) clicks rather than having to go up the full directory tree...

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#250 Post by Oberlus »

LienRag wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:17 pm Isn't it a good way to cheat, if I was so inclined ?
No, server logic rules. So you just get incorrect info from your client, but the results of effects, combats, etc. will be the same for all players.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#251 Post by Oberlus »

Invisible enemies everywhere! We need more detection!

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#252 Post by Ophiuchus »

I think we left some special ops forces somewhere in your empire. Ah, found it.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#253 Post by Ophiuchus »

Ophiuchus wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:46 pm I think we left some special ops forces somewhere in your empire. Ah, found it.
Some religous parts of our troops went to Herd to celebrate some holiday it seems. Nailing the lords to crosses or something.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#254 Post by LienRag »

Oberlus wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:59 am LienRag, you better undo whatever you changed, since it can make your client to tell you incorrect things (because server has different logic).
Indeed, after redirecting the path to default, I don't have this error message anymore.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#255 Post by Oberlus »

Ophiuchus wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:31 am Some religous parts of our troops went to Herd to celebrate some holiday it seems. Nailing the lords to crosses or something.
Gysache declare VENDETTA on Ophiuchus empire.