Fourteenth game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Fourteenth game on the multiplayer slow game server

#121 Post by Oberlus »

Ophiuchus wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:38 pm As my neighbors did not invest yet in conquering, the "fairest" thing to do would be to cut out that part of the galaxy and join swaqs and wobblys neighborhoods.
I was talking about things we can do.
I don't think that would be the fairest, anyways.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#122 Post by wobbly »

Ophiuchus wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:07 am Thinksome and o01eg also do not have the time to take over.

Its really a shame about the empire. We should have stopped the game until there was a resolution for my situation.
This half-minded moves i make result in quite a lot stupid mistakes and make it less compelling for somebody to take over.

Alas nobody is taking over, so i will try to think up a way to move out completly.
Your half-minded moves are still a bunch better then the AI plays. As long as you still have the time to play them the balance will hold reasonably. Compared to conceding when suddenly all the troop techs disappear and who ever is setup to churn troops into your area wins.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#123 Post by wobbly »

Ophiuchus wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:38 pm
Oberlus wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:49 am You can try labor camps on all planets and scrapping all buildings?
It will be annoying for everyone (your neighbors that invested on conquering populated planets will get just outposts, your not-neighbors will find suddenly their foes can concentrate all their forces against them while building "cheap" colonies in the free outposts), but it seems there's nothing else to do.
As my neighbors did not invest yet in conquering, the "fairest" thing to do would be to cut out that part of the galaxy and join swaqs and wobblys neighborhoods.
I'd lose pretty quickly. My production isn't as high as you might expect, hyperant clearly has high PP and swaq has solar generator and plasma cannons already. There's no way I could hold both sides.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#124 Post by wobbly »

Something fishy going on in the expected PP and RP when you mouse over the icons on the top bar of the screen. If I switch a focus then switch back it will show a drop in expected PP. If I then exit and reload FO it will correct itself.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#125 Post by wobbly »

Dear Dig Digs,

We are unfortunately unable to attend your war at Parth alpha due to a prior engagement of sacking and pillaging your outpost at Fafnir alpha. Please accept our humblest apologies. Perhaps we can reschedule? Say, Tuesday lunchtime?

Your sincerely,
The Squid Navy

Hyperant
Space Kraken

#126 Post by Hyperant »

Cycle 108

Mantle Chronicles

Dal Blunders

The military command is in a bit of a mild disarray over the fact that a sizable flottila of the finest robotic ships were blasted to bits within the Moho Gap by the treacherous blubber ships, despite our forces being outnumbered, while in the east, an exploration expedition on a swampy planet was attacked and another populated world is within their crosshairs.

Clearly the answer is space harpoons.

Dig dig
Monarch of the following realms:
-Lumin Federation
-Gamma Republic
-Holy Commune
-Supreme League
-Frost Syndicate

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#127 Post by Ophiuchus »

It was the year of 116 of the empire of the honorable riders of the Gormoshk when the Great Beast was slaieth. Bringing terror to the south eastern galaxy since eternity, squashing thousands of poor organic civilizations in its wake. Valiantly we fulfilled our purpose, and after a swift strike of the purposeful knights the foul being fell into the gravity well of star Hoyle. Rejoice, o galaxy, for we hath freeth you.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#128 Post by wobbly »

Move predictions are slightly out if you have interstellar logistics. It showed the prediction as if I had the extra 20 speed all the way. I imagine there's a similar problem with lighthouses.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#129 Post by LienRag »

wobbly wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:43 pm Move predictions are slightly out if you have interstellar logistics. It showed the prediction as if I had the extra 20 speed all the way. I imagine there's a similar problem with lighthouses.
It does.
And also if the ship is in a slowing field (like Void Rift).

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#130 Post by wobbly »

Bit of a surprise result hitting a blockade. I hit it from 2 directions and apparently my entire fleet can leave from either of those 2 directions, not just those that came from that side. Is this working as intended?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#131 Post by Oberlus »

wobbly wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:32 am Bit of a surprise result hitting a blockade. I hit it from 2 directions and apparently my entire fleet can leave from either of those 2 directions, not just those that came from that side. Is this working as intended?
I don't mind that behaviour, but I think it's not intended.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#132 Post by wobbly »

Oberlus wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:13 am
wobbly wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:32 am Bit of a surprise result hitting a blockade. I hit it from 2 directions and apparently my entire fleet can leave from either of those 2 directions, not just those that came from that side. Is this working as intended?
Turns out you can't but the interface tells you you can, then a bunch of your ships get blown up if you believe it. It specifically listed both systems as possible retreat squares, but the ships didn't move.

I'm not majorly fussed which way it works, but the interface saying one thing and the game behaving another way is definitely a bug.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#133 Post by Ophiuchus »

wobbly wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:50 am
Oberlus wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:13 am
Turns out you can't but the interface tells you you can, then a bunch of your ships get blown up if you believe it. It specifically listed both systems as possible retreat squares, but the ships didn't move.

I'm not majorly fussed which way it works, but the interface saying one thing and the game behaving another way is definitely a bug.
Yes, such an inconsistency is definitely a bug. Blockade is still an opaque topic for me. I think the idea of creating a corridor through a blockade by coming from two sides nice for strategical options/purposes. The current implementation AFAIK looks simply where each blockaded ship was entering the system from and allows that ship to go back there.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#134 Post by Oberlus »

Mother is sad. Many shells were broken in the last battle against the metallic warmongers that were once our peaceful friends. And, what is worse, many more metallic ex-friends were junked (many, many more). It is a bittersweet victory for us. But Mother is sure it was necessary to declare war on them on first instance, since their alarming expansionism and intimidating militarization had Mother trembling about our own survival.

Anyways, we all hope we can change the course of this terrible events and avoid further carnages.
Swaq Empire, we kindly ask you to retreat from all the space we can see and let us take control of the planets in our sphere of influence. That will ensure we can have a peaceful relationship for the foreseeable future. Otherwise, we shall keep pushing our desire of peace into your systems with redoubled tenacity.

swaq
Space Dragon

#135 Post by swaq »

Says the one who declared the war... I suppose it's better than conceding, which planets do you want?