Fourteenth game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Fourteenth game on the multiplayer slow game server

#76 Post by Oberlus »

Aquatic creatures are fishy. Just saying.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#77 Post by wobbly »

Oberlus wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:34 pm Aquatic creatures are fishy. Just saying.
Hey I resent that. I'll have you know we belong to the fine and honourable order of cephalopods.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#78 Post by Ophiuchus »

Oberlus wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:12 am First one to fall was o01eg (Ucrania), then TS (Slovenia). Geographically, next one to fall will be Ophiuchus :twisted:
Then me :shock:
/Edit: and last one wobbly/
Yeah, could be me. Didnt expect both my neighbors to implode so quickly. They were supposed to keep their neighbors out for longer.
With that I was too slow in the feeding frenzy, so both of them have now a second homeworld at their disposal.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#79 Post by Ophiuchus »

I probably wont be able to put in a turn tomorrow, could we extend the deadline to sunday?
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#80 Post by Oberlus »

Ophiuchus wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:18 pm Yeah, could be me. Didnt expect both my neighbors to implode so quickly. They were supposed to keep their neighbors out for longer.
With that I was too slow in the feeding frenzy, so both of them have now a second homeworld at their disposal.
Hey, I was just joking about earth time zones.
But yes, if both wobbly and swaq decide to share their joy with you, I hope you got time to take ownership of enough TS' planets.
Meanwhile my scarabs are nice and strong living in peace (cross fingers).

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#81 Post by wobbly »

Ophiuchus wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:22 pm I probably wont be able to put in a turn tomorrow, could we extend the deadline to sunday?
I'm out for most of tomorrow. It's fine by me, as long as it's fine by everyone else.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#82 Post by Oberlus »

+1

swaq
Space Dragon

#83 Post by swaq »

wobbly wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:55 pm
Ophiuchus wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:22 pm I probably wont be able to put in a turn tomorrow, could we extend the deadline to sunday?
I'm out for most of tomorrow. It's fine by me, as long as it's fine by everyone else.
I don't mind.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#84 Post by Oberlus »

But play current turn before Hyperant shows up? You were last to play this (European) morning but didn't play current turn.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#85 Post by Ophiuchus »

Oberlus wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:16 pm
But play current turn before Hyperant shows up? You were last to play this (European) morning but didn't play current turn.
done

o01eg
Programmer

#86 Post by o01eg »

OK, I hope I don't forget to reset timer clock tomorrow.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Hyperant
Space Kraken

#87 Post by Hyperant »

Cycle 94

Mantle Chronicles

Chokehold Part 2

It would seem that the fish creatures agreed to our deal by deciding to withdraw their forces from the chokehold immediately south of Parth Alpha. However, it would seem they have gotten their directions confused by moving into the system of Parth Beta, still blocking civilian shipping from accessing the colony. Whats even more perplexing is that Parth Beta had a pair of frigates on patrol, only departing to go on its annual vacation leave.

It is now apparent that they have no desire to negotiate at this time, hence we will now dedicate the industry of external force projection to bury their ships, both figuratively and literally.

Dig dig
Monarch of the following realms:
-Lumin Federation
-Gamma Republic
-Holy Commune
-Supreme League
-Frost Syndicate

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#88 Post by Oberlus »

Hyperant wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:22 pma pair of frigates on patrol, only departing to go on its annual vacation leave.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Chapeau!

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#89 Post by wobbly »

Ophiuchus wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:18 pm Didnt expect both my neighbors to implode so quickly.
Its actually a pretty tricky sized galaxy. There's a longer time frame to build up then earlier games, so you can't go early military. But the moment supply lines get close it instantly switches. I'd built a 2nd incubator at the edge of my space, when o01eg put down his last outpost it was only around 210 uu away. So it went from no-one else in the galaxy to right next door in the space of a turn. He was very unlucky in his timing too. I had a bunch of troopers queued up to grab a colony of natives. They of course found another use.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#90 Post by wobbly »

Also, clock says 2hrs 59 minutes. o01eg did you remember to extend it?