Eleventh game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Post Reply
Message
Author
Magnate
Space Dragon
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:44 pm

Re: Eleventh game on the multiplayer slow game server

#91 Post by Magnate »

So this is weird. Hyperant, do you have PP available in our shared system this turn? (turn 35) I do, despite it being coloured as part of your supply network. So that would indicate that the problem has gone away, despite this exact situation a few turns ago leaving me no PP available.

Very odd.

wobbly
Dyson Forest
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Re: Eleventh game on the multiplayer slow game server

#92 Post by wobbly »

Oberlus wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:49 am Playing a single turn per day on a daily basis is annoying for other players willing to play faster. We are used to play on average 3 turns per day. When one is the last one to play her/his turn, two turns can be played in a row.
What actually causes the turn to tick over? The email notification says I'm last to take my turn, I've moved & hit next turn & it still says waiting for other players.

Edit: ok the turn ticked over a couple of hrs later.

User avatar
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon
Posts: 3259
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Re: Eleventh game on the multiplayer slow game server

#93 Post by Oberlus »

wobbly wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:20 am What actually causes the turn to tick over? The email notification says I'm last to take my turn, I've moved & hit next turn & it still says waiting for other players.

Edit: ok the turn ticked over a couple of hrs later.
It's been changed to email the last two players (I don't like it, BTW).

Ophiuchus
Programmer
Posts: 1850
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:01 am
Location: Wall IV

Re: Eleventh game on the multiplayer slow game server

#94 Post by Ophiuchus »

Magnate wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:30 pm So this is weird. Hyperant, do you have PP available in our shared system this turn? (turn 35) I do, despite it being coloured as part of your supply network. So that would indicate that the problem has gone away, despite this exact situation a few turns ago leaving me no PP available.

Very odd.
Still i don't understand your situation, so I take a guess. There is a system where you have one planet and hyperant also has at least one planet. The system belongs to hyperant s supply network, so your planet can use PP it produces and draw from the Imperial stockpile.
I guess you expected to have local PP, but your happiness was too low
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Magnate
Space Dragon
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:44 pm

Re: Eleventh game on the multiplayer slow game server

#95 Post by Magnate »

Oberlus wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:00 am
wobbly wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:20 am What actually causes the turn to tick over? The email notification says I'm last to take my turn, I've moved & hit next turn & it still says waiting for other players.

Edit: ok the turn ticked over a couple of hrs later.
It's been changed to email the last two players (I don't like it, BTW).
Oh! That explains why I get an email saying I am last to end turn, log in and do my turn, then scratch my head and wonder why turn doesn't advance - because someone else also hasn't turned yet!

Magnate
Space Dragon
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:44 pm

Re: Eleventh game on the multiplayer slow game server

#96 Post by Magnate »

Ophiuchus wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:14 am
Magnate wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:30 pm So this is weird. Hyperant, do you have PP available in our shared system this turn? (turn 35) I do, despite it being coloured as part of your supply network. So that would indicate that the problem has gone away, despite this exact situation a few turns ago leaving me no PP available.

Very odd.
Still i don't understand your situation, so I take a guess. There is a system where you have one planet and hyperant also has at least one planet. The system belongs to hyperant s supply network, so your planet can use PP it produces and draw from the Imperial stockpile.
I guess you expected to have local PP, but your happiness was too low
No it's not using PP from stockpile (I have none), and it's not using its own PP (it's an outpost). It's connected to my supply network, using my full PP. But yes it looks as it if belongs to his supply network, hence my question to him. Very interesting indeed.

Ophiuchus
Programmer
Posts: 1850
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:01 am
Location: Wall IV

Re: Eleventh game on the multiplayer slow game server

#97 Post by Ophiuchus »

Magnate wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:38 pm Oh! That explains why I get an email saying I am last to end turn, log in and do my turn, then scratch my head and wonder why turn doesn't advance - because someone else also hasn't turned yet!
You can see in the empire overview window who already submitted orders.
On a different note I had some troubles with submitting orders today (did not seem to get registered by the server, had to redo the turn).
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

wobbly
Dyson Forest
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Re: Eleventh game on the multiplayer slow game server

#98 Post by wobbly »

Something seems up in the kill count. Game is telling me I've destroyed 4 frigates. I'm pretty sure I've only destroyed 2. Also says 2 kills against Ophiuchus & Hyperant. As far as I'm aware I destroyed 1 scout from each. Known issue?

User avatar
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon
Posts: 3259
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Re: Eleventh game on the multiplayer slow game server

#99 Post by Oberlus »

wobbly wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:45 pm Something seems up in the kill count. Game is telling me I've destroyed 4 frigates. I'm pretty sure I've only destroyed 2. Also says 2 kills against Ophiuchus & Hyperant. As far as I'm aware I destroyed 1 scout from each. Known issue?
How can you check out how many and what ships you killed? Do you mean reviewing all turns sitreps? Or are you checking some statistic or graph?

wobbly
Dyson Forest
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Re: Eleventh game on the multiplayer slow game server

#100 Post by wobbly »

Oberlus wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:06 pm
wobbly wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:45 pm Something seems up in the kill count. Game is telling me I've destroyed 4 frigates. I'm pretty sure I've only destroyed 2. Also says 2 kills against Ophiuchus & Hyperant. As far as I'm aware I destroyed 1 scout from each. Known issue?
How can you check out how many and what ships you killed? Do you mean reviewing all turns sitreps? Or are you checking some statistic or graph?
There's a list when I right click on my empire in the empire window.

Edit: Destroyed another of Ophiuchus's scouts & my scout count went up by 2 & my count against Ophiuchus went up 2. Sorry Ophiuchus, it was for bug testing purposes, I'm sure you understand.

Magnate
Space Dragon
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:44 pm

Re: Eleventh game on the multiplayer slow game server

#101 Post by Magnate »

I can confirm that my PP are now passing through my ally's supply network. Very weird, because it appears to have changed during this game! Maybe when the server upgraded, if it did?

User avatar
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon
Posts: 3259
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Re: Eleventh game on the multiplayer slow game server

#102 Post by Oberlus »

Boooooriiiiing.

wobbly
Dyson Forest
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Re: Eleventh game on the multiplayer slow game server

#103 Post by wobbly »

News from the Eggalted Empire

Today the eggperial fleet moved 1/2 a starlane.

Ophiuchus
Programmer
Posts: 1850
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:01 am
Location: Wall IV

Re: Eleventh game on the multiplayer slow game server

#104 Post by Ophiuchus »

Not sure if it is due to the recent PP/RP nerf or general time dilation, but the game certainly feels a magnateude slower than the last one.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

wobbly
Dyson Forest
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Re: Eleventh game on the multiplayer slow game server

#105 Post by wobbly »

I feel ring galaxy is a little too turtle friendly. If you ally with your nearest neighbour and he secures 1 flank and you the other... It's kinda turtle heaven. Poor Danny somehow missed out in the initial alliance phase.

Post Reply