Eleventh game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Eleventh game on the multiplayer slow game server

#106 Post by Oberlus »

wobbly wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:42 am I feel ring galaxy is a little too turtle friendly. If you ally with your nearest neighbour and he secures 1 flank and you the other... It's kinda turtle heaven.
With other galaxy shapes, with central area, the players in that region can have many threatening neighbours (I had 5 neighbours in my last cluster game). The empires starting in corners tend to have better chances to win. Al least all this is true for games without diplomacy or with limited number of players on the winning alliance.
With ring shape all players have similar number of neighbours and threats, so it's more fair. And it is not necessarily turtle friendly. First time we played ring shape, I got Hyperant in one side and o01eg on the other. Hyperant signed peace with his other neighbour (swaq) and he and me keep fighting each other constantly, crashing fleet after fleet, taking and losing planets, for the whole game until o01eg knocked at my rear door and my game was over.
Poor Danny somehow missed out in the initial alliance phase.
Indeed! I feel sympathy for Danny. My empire is willing to cooperate with his in the quest of bringing some peace to the galaxy. Pirates are a pest...

o01eg
Programmer

#107 Post by o01eg »

The server was updated to 0.4.10 release.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#108 Post by Oberlus »

Danny, you're missing a turn in a few minutes...

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#109 Post by Ophiuchus »

I am having serious troubles making new ship designs. Does this affect anybody else?

To be more clear under some circumstances i can add new ship designs but thez are gone if i reconnect
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#110 Post by Oberlus »

Ophiuchus wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:14 pm I am having serious troubles making new ship designs. Does this affect anybody else?

To be more clear under some circumstances i can add new ship designs but thez are gone if i reconnect
I had a similar problem in a recent single player game. I had to go to unavailable designs, save that design (again), and it appeared again in available designs.

Some other weird stuff I've seen in this multiplayer game:
- Fuel calculation off, or considering all empires as allies, because when ships with 2 fuel were ordered to go anywhere the UI showed it as possible. Reconnecting solved that.
- Reported detection range of some planets (allied and enemy) increased to a lot (+225 from unknown) after changing focus of one of my planets. Reconnecting didn't help, playing with the focus of some planets reverted it.

Hyperant
Space Kraken

#111 Post by Hyperant »

Open Season

The Ensign's Gazette

It has been two months since the blockade of the Commonwealth system of Solntze began, and a few weeks since the blockade of the Commonwealth system of Mughaling. Despite this however, our forces have been unable to accurately pinpoint where the Commonwealth bases on these systems are located, diminishing any chances of a ground raid. However, we have taken advantage of the situation to loot, raid and harass their convoys, allowing us to capture many of their merchant ships that have been attempting to run the blockades.

The design of their merchant ships however made them terrible for commerce raiders so they were promptly broken up for scrap, with material being used in our new next generation commerce raiding capital ships. Their crew, who has refused to reveal the location of the bases, have been imprisoned on Complex Sierra, a harsh detention center on the frozen world of Sonne I, a stark contrast to what they are normally used to.

Abyssals, you can not hide forever, Arrrrgh
Monarch of the following realms:
-Lumin Federation
-Gamma Republic
-Holy Commune
-Supreme League
-Frost Syndicate

o01eg
Programmer

#112 Post by o01eg »

Oberlus wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:59 pm Some other weird stuff I've seen in this multiplayer game:
- Fuel calculation off, or considering all empires as allies, because when ships with 2 fuel were ordered to go anywhere the UI showed it as possible. Reconnecting solved that.
- Reported detection range of some planets (allied and enemy) increased to a lot (+225 from unknown) after changing focus of one of my planets. Reconnecting didn't help, playing with the focus of some planets reverted it.
I suppose it better to file issues so it will be considered in 0.4.10.1 bug-fix release.
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#113 Post by wobbly »

Exobots are showing as poor on asteroids, I thought this was changed to adequate everywhere?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#114 Post by Oberlus »

wobbly wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:59 am Exobots are showing as poor on asteroids, I thought this was changed to adequate everywhere?
Adequate on planets, poor on asteroids, gas gigants uninhabitable. Pedia says this correctly.

Magnate
Space Dragon

#115 Post by Magnate »

o01eg wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:34 pm The server was updated to 0.4.10 release.
Is this the one with the new influence/policy system? Bit weird to introduce that in the middle of a game?

(I'm still using b4f9ea1 so haven't checked yet, but i played a game on my laptop this evening with this week's weekly and it had the new mechanic - which I like, no question, but would feel weird bringing it in in the middle of a game...)

o01eg
Programmer

#116 Post by o01eg »

Magnate wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:11 pm
Is this the one with the new influence/policy system? Bit weird to introduce that in the middle of a game?
No, influence/policy system will be introduced next 0.5 release.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#117 Post by Ophiuchus »

Magnate wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:11 pm
0.4.10 is simply the rename of the version which was on the server already - i did not have time to have a look at the weekly build, but i guess it is based on master, so incompatible with the server.

a 0.4.10.1 maintenance release is coming though. i suggest fixing the main weapon line pilot scaling for that as well.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#118 Post by Oberlus »

Magnate, the one with the influence stuff is v0.4.10+.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#119 Post by Vezzra »

Ophiuchus wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:49 am0.4.10 is simply the rename of the version which was on the server already - i did not have time to have a look at the weekly build, but i guess it is based on master, so incompatible with the server.
This is correct.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#120 Post by wobbly »

One of my scouts sitting refueling has 0.51 fuel. Just a standard small hull Abbadoni. No big deal, but I'm assuming that 0.01 shouldn't be happening.

What are the rules for Xenophobes these days, and what distance? I'm not seeing any penalties from my allies the Earwaxs.