Tenth game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

How big alliance will be allowed to win the game?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:22 pm

31%
31%
23%
8%
8%

Total votes: 13

o01eg
Programmer

Re: Tenth game on the multiplayer slow game server

#76 Post by o01eg »

swaq wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:31 pm
o01eg wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:24 am The server was upgraded to 2020-05-12.9eb021f with #2932 applied.

Zipped default content: default-exobots-everywhere-2.zip.
Your link is wrong here. It goes to the previous .zip file instead of the -2.zip file.
Thanks, fixed link.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Magnate
Space Dragon

#77 Post by Magnate »

Sorry folks, I'm going to have to ask for a pause now. I've had horrendous trouble this game, I don't know why:

1. I am asked for an OTP every time I connect. This has never happened before. I assume it is because of the exobots patch, though I do not get the checksum warning.

2. I had a crash making a new ship design and now the design is there but not visible - I cannot delete it, queue it or duplicate it. So I cannot build the fleet I want. I had this a couple of turns ago and just chose a different design but it's a problem.

3. This turn I want to build a colony at a new outpost and I CTD every time I try to put the colony in the build queue. Same whether I double click or use the right-click menu.

I've been living with the first two, but I have to build my colony. Happy to send debug info to a neutral third party if they want.

Grateful if we could pause - perhaps the regular weekly build will fix most of these anyway...

swaq
Space Dragon

#78 Post by swaq »

It's weird you're being prompted for the OTP each time. That was happening constantly for me last game but finally stopped this game!

Both Oberlus and I experienced the crash after making a new design as well. After enough fiddling we were able to get it back in the empire designs list but it's certainly a huge pain.

The latest builds of the game have been really crash-prone. It's quite depressing.

o01eg
Programmer

#79 Post by o01eg »

Magnate wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:28 pm Sorry folks, I'm going to have to ask for a pause now. I've had horrendous trouble this game, I don't know why:

1. I am asked for an OTP every time I connect. This has never happened before. I assume it is because of the exobots patch, though I do not get the checksum warning.
Your client sends outdated cookie to the server. Server sends new cookie when you login but client doesn't save it because of crash. Client sends outdated cookie again. You need to try close freeorion without crashes after login.
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.

Magnate
Space Dragon

#80 Post by Magnate »

o01eg wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:18 am
Magnate wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:28 pm Sorry folks, I'm going to have to ask for a pause now. I've had horrendous trouble this game, I don't know why:

Your client sends outdated cookie to the server. Server sends new cookie when you login but client doesn't save it because of crash. Client sends outdated cookie again. You need to try close freeorion without crashes after login.
I have exited without crashing several times, and still I am asked for an OTP. How do I delete the cookie manually?

o01eg
Programmer

#81 Post by o01eg »

Magnate wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:58 am
o01eg wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:18 am

I have exited without crashing several times, and still I am asked for an OTP. How do I delete the cookie manually?
Delete config.xml

Voker57
Space Kraken

#82 Post by Voker57 »

2. I had a crash making a new ship design and now the design is there but not visible - I cannot delete it, queue it or duplicate it. So I cannot build the fleet I want. I had this a couple of turns ago and just chose a different design but it's a problem.

3. This turn I want to build a colony at a new outpost and I CTD every time I try to put the colony in the build queue. Same whether I double click or use the right-click menu.

I've been living with the first two, but I have to build my colony. Happy to send debug info to a neutral third party if they want.

Grateful if we could pause - perhaps the regular weekly build will fix most of these anyway...
Did you report all these issues to https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/issues ?

I'm against the pause, since nobody else seems to experience these problems, if you can't play with them we can remove you and add note that you had to leave due to technical problems.
Last edited by Voker57 on Mon May 18, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team S.M.A.C.: destroying dreams of multiplayer 4x since 2017.

o01eg
Programmer

#83 Post by o01eg »

Magnate wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:28 pm 2. I had a crash making a new ship design and now the design is there but not visible - I cannot delete it, queue it or duplicate it. So I cannot build the fleet I want. I had this a couple of turns ago and just chose a different design but it's a problem.

The server stores part of your orders so I can try to make a turn partially. I use windows builds currently and have to use it.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#84 Post by Oberlus »

I'm not kind to the pause request. We all suffered the crashes and we managed.
Magnate, why don't you play with your Linux installation and cherrypick the commits that solve the issues so that we don't have to wait three days? I can point them out to you if you have trouble browsing the issue trackers on GitHub.

L29Ah
Space Squid

#85 Post by L29Ah »

14:41:23]<L29Ah> anyway i propose refusing the pause request from Magnate
14:41:33]<L29Ah> no one have paused the game when i had troubles with it
14:42:00]<L29Ah> he can always install linux and play the game like an open source boss
Team S.M.A.C.: play multiplayer with us!

Querens
Space Krill

#86 Post by Querens »

I signed up only for a long turn( which I don't like much), not for a very long turn. This game is not going to end this way. Nay to any pauses

swaq
Space Dragon

#87 Post by swaq »

You may also be able to use an older version of FO that doesn't crash and ignore the checksum warning just to be able to send orders for now.

Magnate
Space Dragon

#88 Post by Magnate »

No problem I have conceded.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#89 Post by Oberlus »

Magnate wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:09 pm No problem I have conceded.
Meh...
Well, wait for next weekly test version for the parallel MP game on your server? I'm looking forward to it!

ThinkSome
Psionic Snowflake

#90 Post by ThinkSome »

Magnate wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:09 pm No problem I have conceded.
Nooo what about Hyperant?? You can't just leave him there like that.