Eighth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9 KISS targets hard)

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Re: Eighth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9 KISS targets hard)

#166 Post by Ophiuchus »

Oberlus wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:46 am Are Ophiuchus Sly planets still hidden to the rest of you?
Swaq went Omni. o01eg is vacuum cleaning his empire i think. Hyperant has 70 detection i think.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#167 Post by Oberlus »

Ophiuchus wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:11 am Swaq went Omni. o01eg is vacuum cleaning his empire i think. Hyperant has 70 detection i think.
So he can conquer you (or is already doing it) whenever he likes?

Regarding the "vacuum cleaning", it does look like in ring galaxy shape without alliances an important thing to win is to have a non-aggression pact with one neighbour:
Hyperant and o01eg killed me. Should o01eg had concentrated on swaq, I would be fighting Hyperant.
Hyperant and swaq are killing the mighty o01eg.

I'm praying for not getting a xenophobic species in any following game!

swaq
Space Dragon

#168 Post by swaq »

o01eg seems to be evacuating all planets, probably in preparation for conceding. Due to Mines 3 I haven't been able to really start capturing his stuff though. Hyperant is still battling with some remnants of o01eg's fleets but will soon have the black hole which could be interesting. Ophiuchus is no longer hidden from me and I assume it'll be war soon based on the PM I received which didn't look like it was intended for me.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#169 Post by Oberlus »

swaq wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:40 pmHyperant is still battling with some remnants of o01eg's fleets but will soon have the black hole
o01eg! Delete that building!

swaq wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:40 pmbased on the PM I received which didn't look like it was intended for me.
:lol:

o01eg
Programmer

#170 Post by o01eg »

Oberlus wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:11 pm
swaq wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:40 pmHyperant is still battling with some remnants of o01eg's fleets but will soon have the black hole
o01eg! Delete that building!
Done, but deleting black hole is more complex task.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#171 Post by Oberlus »

o01eg wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:13 pm Done, but deleting black hole is more complex task.
Does Hyperant has BHG tech? He was focused n production wih very little tech when I was alive.

swaq
Space Dragon

#172 Post by swaq »

Oberlus wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:39 pm
o01eg wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:13 pm Done, but deleting black hole is more complex task.
Does Hyperant has BHG tech? He was focused n production wih very little tech when I was alive.
He does not have that tech yet.

swaq
Space Dragon

#173 Post by swaq »

Ophiuchus was logged in about 18-19 hours ago but didn't hit the ready button. My "confirm quit?" prompt logic is working, right?

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#174 Post by Ophiuchus »

swaq wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:09 pm Ophiuchus was logged in about 18-19 hours ago but didn't hit the ready button. My "confirm quit?" prompt logic is working, right?
Family logic is the thing which is also working.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#175 Post by Ophiuchus »

swaq wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:40 pm o01eg seems to be evacuating all planets, probably in preparation for conceding. Due to Mines 3 I haven't been able to really start capturing his stuff though. Hyperant is still battling with some remnants of o01eg's fleets but will soon have the black hole which could be interesting. Ophiuchus is no longer hidden from me and I assume it'll be war soon based on the PM I received which didn't look like it was intended for me.
Not necessarily war. I would have been also happy if you gave me Paladia I. I think you basically won and I am really stressed thin for the moment. Your researching omni scanners is life-threatening to my small empire so I would also rather going for concede. I had some more stealth stuff in the pipeline which would have kept me going, but omni basically end that. And the PM was intended to Oberlus to give him a strategic overview about the situation - so you basically have now my complete wisdom as well.

As o01eg is doing the full vacuum I think hyperant and I would have a hard time together to resist you and I think we both did not really intend to do that.
o01eg wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:13 pm
You guys really want to play on?
If so somebody please take over from me? o01eg can you delay this turn until we settle this ?

swaq
Space Dragon

#176 Post by swaq »

I also think the game is essentially over. I have 1200 PP/700 RP (target 1700/700) which is quite a bit more than Ophiuchus and Hyperant combined. Even if o01eg changed his mind and cancelled all evacuations it would take forever for him to ramp back up and be a threat. My Neutronium forges complete next turn and I can start building Titans with Neutronium armor, Death Laser 4, and Spinal Antimatter Cannon. I am happy to play it out further if desired, of course.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#177 Post by Oberlus »

Not to put pressure on you, but concede seems to me good choice.

Hyperant
Space Kraken

#178 Post by Hyperant »

Capital World

Military Command HQ

"While we have the aquatic realm on the decline, we should push for an immediate seizure of their systems!"

"I'm afraid that will be a costly effort that would only pay off in the long term. Their systems, despite being desolate, are heavily defended by major defensive grids as well as by high-powered orbital mines. Those mines have proven to be a very hefty deterrent to our fleets, as prolonged stays over their systems lead to very high attritional rates"

"Additionally, we still need to rebuild our fleet that was seriously damaged in that decisive battle. We are in no condition to launch any offensives at this time"

"We need to seize their systems soon, our rapid economic growth over these last months had began stagnating. Its only a matter of time before we reach our limit for our current size. Plus, i don't think our non aggression pact with the theocrats will last indefinitely. We are in a time constraint!"

"I don't trust these humanoids, they established several frontier outposts within our own spaces. Our flanks are left dangerously undefended!"

"We should push for the declaration of neutrality in order to preserve our Republic!"

"Are you insane!?", everyone else in the room shouted at once at the lone ranking officer.

As the various admirals bickered back and forth on the next course in front of him, the Serene President just sat at his post, observing the frantic atmosphere in the room. While it is true that the realm to the west had effectively been rendered a non-threat, the theocratic realm won't hesitate on breaking the peace once the geopolitical environment makes it suitable.

"I fear we supported the wrong side of their great conflict!"

"I concur, the theocratic realm was completely open to any offensives we could've launched. Hell, even their capital world was but a mere few stone steps from our borders."

"With all due respect, if they noticed we were preparing for an attack, they would've had ample time to act. Most of our military production facilities as well as our current existing fleets were in the southern sector. It would've taken weeks, possibly months to reposition our fleets into a prime attack position, by which they would've already noticed"

"Perhaps, but don't forget they were busy in a stalemate with the next galactic superpower that we just helped collapsed"

Suddenly, the door to their meeting room was immediately kicked open, entering it was the Chief Intelligence Officer, looking like he just saw a man die right in front of his eyes. "We have a major problem! Their planets, they just.....disappearing from all our scans!". The room then let out a collection of gasps and frantic brief shocked statements.

"Impossible!"

"A planet does not just disappear!"

"Are you sure your scanners are still operational"

"Im afraid it is true", the CIO began, "Five minutes ago, while we were conducting our usual sweeps of all our stellar spaces, we observed most of their planets beginning to phase out before being dropped completely from our scans. We don't know what just happened! We need to divert all our brightest minds to figure out a way to reacquire visual contact with their planets!"

"Our research bureau is in very little condition to tackle something as major as this!", the Director of Research Affairs said as she begins to go on a rant, "Our department has lay underfunded and understaffed for years! Time and time we asked for additional funding, but we were declined EVERY! SINGLE! TIME! A short term hit to military production would've gone a long way in advancing our research efforts and eventual future strength, but my words have fallen on deaf ears. Look at the situation we are in! This republic is completely outclassed in every single field! From population sustainability, to economic and industrial technology to even basic weapon research, we are all behind."

"We are still using early 4th generation military hardware while all our neighbours are atleast two generations ahead of us! Hell, the only reason we are not being overrun by the late aquatic realm is because our northern neighbour was busy dispatching the actual bulk of their military! The very same neighbour that will soon decide it is time to overrun our borders! And guess what, we won't even be seeing it coming as i have no doubts that they have ships we won't be able to see! Stealth ships were a plague on this republic for a long time, from the wormian conflict to the aquatic, and then eventually the future theocratic conflict! It will take a year minimum to catch up on detection tech if we put what little research capability we have and focused completely on it. And don't even get me started on..........", she then continues her ramblings.

"We are in no condition to be involved in yet another year, our people has been growing restless as they cry out for peace. Its only a matter of ti-", the Internal affairs advisor began before being interrupted by a series of explosions outside the room.

The Serene President, now realizing that he does not have much longer in this world, spoke for the first and only time in the meeting. "Gentlemen, ladies, its been a pleasure running this Republic. I admit some of the choice i've made were not the best, but its got us this far.....", he would continue his monologue.

Meanwhile on the surface

A convoy of heavily armed vehicle breaches its way through the imperial capital complex. In the middle of the convoy is a cargo truck with concealed cargo within. As the truck parks at its intended position, the truck driver has second thoughts. "Im not too sure about this man, is this really the best option for the republic?", the driver said to his fellow comrade in the next seat. "Don't forget what the republic has done to you, to us, to your people! We need to punish them for what they have done. The people of this republic need to hear about what the government's true intentions are! We need to make them pay!"

"...I guess you are right", he says before picking up the trigger, "Are you ready to go out like this?"

"Since the day they took what was ours!", he replied. "Okay, for freedom!", the driver cried out before pressing the trigger.

A person several districts way watches as a massive incandescent ball rapidly expands across in the direction of the capital district. He, and many others who weren't immediately vaporized by the blast, watches as the fireball gives away to a rapidly expanding mushroom cloud. In one fell and unexpected swoop, the central authority of the republic was wiped off the face of the planet, being reduced to dust and ash, with nothing more than a crater to show for it.

Over the coming hours, as news reached the other systems that made up the republic, most would effective govern their own systems while a few loyalist systems attempt to establish the successor to the Republic.

The Republic as it used to be known as, is over.

(Basically a lengthy way to say that i have conceded. That was a neat game yo)
Monarch of the following realms:
-Lumin Federation
-Gamma Republic
-Holy Commune
-Supreme League
-Frost Syndicate

swaq
Space Dragon

#179 Post by swaq »

Thanks for the game, all!
Attachments
fo8_galaxy.png
fo8_galaxy.png (1.35 MiB) Viewed 1110 times

swaq
Space Dragon

#180 Post by swaq »

Hyperant wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:00 pm "I fear we supported the wrong side of their great conflict!"
I think whichever side you attacked was bound to lose. In retrospect I probably should have suggested you attack both of us.