Eighth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9 KISS targets hard)

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Eighth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9 KISS targets hard)

#61 Post by Oberlus »

I'm missing some storytelling.
You know I'm only "good" at bragging and stiring things up.

On my segment of the ring, I can see Hyperant's army of sturdy flying junk at 3 hops from my HM. We are enjoying a tug of war with no loses for now (i.e. I'm running away while he takes his time to conquer the kobuntura HW). o01eg is watching from afar without intervening, probably spreading unimpeded over the many terran and ocean planets that sprinkles the dark areas of his outskirts.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#62 Post by Ophiuchus »

Oberlus wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:44 am On my segment of the ring, I can see Hyperant's army of sturdy flying junk at 3 hops from my HM. We are enjoying a tug of war with no loses for now (i.e. I'm running away while he takes his time to conquer the kobuntura HW). o01eg is watching from afar without intervening, probably spreading unimpeded over the many terran and ocean planets that sprinkles the dark areas of his outskirts.
Yeah, I am on the other side of o01eg and the empire looks quite impressive. A lot of colonies and some more expanding opportunities. Also found a good industry species. Also it seems did not have to invest in fleet yet, combined with the great research I am genuinely frightened.

I send a small fleet to say hello and run away, so if you are fast there are no ships on your side ;)

L29ah got cut off from development opportunities by swaq (both are Gysache, so they compete for the environment).
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#63 Post by Oberlus »

Oh, I was sure I spotted a human swaq scout... But my memory isn't very reliable.

swaq
Space Dragon

#64 Post by swaq »

Ophiuchus stole a gas giant right near the swaq - L29Ah border. Definitely weird seeing cyan supply there.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#65 Post by Ophiuchus »

swaq wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:54 pm Ophiuchus stole a gas giant right near the swaq - L29Ah border. Definitely weird seeing cyan supply there.
Its not much of a supply I have there - mostly distributed empire. Magenta is all between my territories giving a me serious refueling problem. Tiny Tae Ghirus planet is the culprit.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#66 Post by Ophiuchus »

Oberlus wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:59 am Oh, I was sure I spotted a human swaq scout... But my memory isn't very reliable.
Looks like mine is the one not working so well. No indication that swaq is Gysache. Probably swaq interrupted a colonisation by L29Ah and i saw that colony building in progress.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#67 Post by Ophiuchus »

o01leg has at least five planets and an asteroid belt outpost. But the supply does not add up. There must be at least one more colonized system - maybe he invaded that Silexian planet in the meantime.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#68 Post by Ophiuchus »

Disturbing gases are floating.

Those squid people are looking angry. And it seems they can see us. And it seems they stuff small vessels equipped with lasers into their armored green ships aside of huge lasers. The convent of knowledge sings these are not for eye surgery! Sing the song of ordered retreat. Come home - Retreat retreat retreat!

The server world is unreachable so our intel is very very limited. Also the turn advance system seems to malfunction, turn 30 and 31 were not announced. Hoping for better winds.

swaq
Space Dragon

#69 Post by swaq »

Ophiuchus wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:28 pm Also the turn advance system seems to malfunction, turn 30 and 31 were not announced.
I only have been getting about half of the notification e-mails. It's always been pretty unreliable. The XMPP notification system has been perfectly reliable though.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#70 Post by Oberlus »

Ophiuchus wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:28 pmturn 30 and 31 were not announced
Any chances you were online at the time of turn advance? I have received every notification email except when I was online.

Hyperant
Space Kraken

#71 Post by Hyperant »

The Daily Article

Re-Acquisition

After weeks of planning, a complex military operation has been put into motion to expel the worms out of our sphere of influence, and to instate a loyal democratic regime on the native world. The bold operation, as one obvious non-commander puts it, involved making one jump and hoping the converted armed merchant ships don't explode in the process, again.

Fortunately, resistance was lighter than usual, owing to the natives loyalty towards our Republic and their role in conducting sabotage acts prior to our arrival. Lucrative trade deals have already been drafted which will give the Republic access to the natives vast stores of industrial capacity.

Stock markets are at an all time high following the news, which contrasts a month ago when stocks nearly crashed followed the loss of the 1st Naval Division while attempting the very same operation.

It seems the future may finally be bright for the Republic.
Monarch of the following realms:
-Lumin Federation
-Gamma Republic
-Holy Commune
-Supreme League
-Frost Syndicate

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#72 Post by Oberlus »

Bullshit Republic, here the Great Matriach at the speaker.
Your mindblowing lies are an offense to the galaxy itself. Your presence is an injury to every sentient being. We will crush your army and flatten your cities. Yours bodies will serve as the raw material for our tin factories.
Over and out.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#73 Post by Ophiuchus »

Sad songs. Because of tech unknown to our council suddenly one of colonies was lightened up by a beam from a neighboring planet. And our planet was suddenly attacked by the ships of the s01lent empire.

Also a lot of smaller vessels containing lifeforms are closing in on our giant. Soon there we will loose most of our brothers and sisters. Hope we can hear voices again in the future.

Hyperant
Space Kraken

#74 Post by Hyperant »

The Daily Article

Re-ignition

This morning, hours after the Republic rejected an absurd ultimatum by the Mama Council to withdraw our forces from the Republican Sphere of Influence, the worms decided to escalate the conflict once more by launching an assault on the southern frontier. In the skirmishing phase of the Battle of Alderamin, the first wave of their assault fleet has been obliterated by the 1st Stellar Flotilla, lead by Fleet Admiral Dressel, while taking no losses in the process. The Fleet Admiral, upon receiving word of impending significant enemy reinforcements, has decided to take a cautious approach, and strategically repositioned the fleet away from the system.

If only late Fleet Admiral Hanzdof was as cautious, as he was leading the ill-fated 1st Naval Division.

---------------------------------------------------------------

On the Economic aspect of the Republic, we have seen double digit growth in our GDP figures, owing to the excellent economic policies signed into law by the Serene President. The population has never been more prosperous, the stock markets are roaring, the trade fleets are zooming, the mega corporations are expl- expanding, and the quality of life across the Republic has been increasing drastically. From the highest levels all the way to the lowest, life is great.
Monarch of the following realms:
-Lumin Federation
-Gamma Republic
-Holy Commune
-Supreme League
-Frost Syndicate

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#75 Post by Oberlus »

You're scared.