Eighth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9 KISS targets hard)

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Eighth game on the multiplayer slow game server (0.4.9 KISS targets hard)

#151 Post by Oberlus »

Ophiuchus wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:14 am You could take over my Sly. I do not think I can learn much from this game any more. And while I would like to see how my empire plays out, current situations because of Corona are seriously stressing my time budget.
I understand. Here in Spain we are in home confinement. I don't have children, but I know my brother's situation with my nephews.

I'm not quite comfortable with the idea of taking over completely (it's your game). If you like, I could play some easy turns for you, at given times when you can't connect, following any instruction you could give me via PMs.

Hyperant
Space Kraken

#152 Post by Hyperant »

A month ago

Herschel's Bridge

With the newly assembled Republican armada orbiting just above Perth Beta I, Rear Admiral Dressel sits at his post onboard his commanding ship, the Herschel, still thinking about his military investigation back on the capital. "Incompetent", "Miscalculating", "Irresponsible" are but a few of those words that still ring through his thoughts. It was only through an intervention that he wasn't stripped completely of his military rank, and for that, he waits for the opportunity to redeem himself after his mishandling of the Wormian Conflict a year ago.

"Still waiting on the word from command?", the Astro-navigator asked him, "Its only a matter of time. The next hostile realm is so blindingly clear yet the government sits around blabbering around. I suppose they are just being cautious and calculating", Dressel replies back, his thoughts disrupted.

At least he had the chance to be commanding one of the Republic's newest class of military hardware.

"Incoming transmission! It-Its from the Military Command!", the Communication officer relays. "Patch him through!", Dressel immediately answers.

"THIS IS A MILITARY-WIDE BROADCAST! THE TIME HAS COME TO EXECUTE OPERATION ALPHA FURY, THE OFFENSIVE TO THE WEST! GODSPEED AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!"

"Finally! Plot a course to the Alniyat System at once!", shouted Dressel.

"Its time to reclaim my shattered glory, for the republic!"

The fleet then begun to rotate to its vector system, and then one by one in quick succession, they jumped into warp space, screaming towards the system ready to deliver the might of the Republic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present day

The Daily Article

Alpha Fury

It has been a month since the Republic began a new conflict towards our western neighbours. Masterminded by Fleet Admiral Zimmer, the Operation seeks to strike at the realm while they were embroiled in a major conflict against our theocratic realm to the north. Currently, the war is looking in favor of the Republic, as our starfleets managed to win several minor battles as well as managing to blockade one of their major production facilities, a mighty Black hole Generator, cutting it off from the rest of their realm and which can potentially lead to a recession.

With that being said, front-line intelligence have shown that they have diverted a major task force from their front towards our newly forged front, so we can expect to see a major battle sometime in the near future.
Last edited by Hyperant on Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monarch of the following realms:
-Lumin Federation
-Gamma Republic
-Holy Commune
-Supreme League
-Frost Syndicate

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#153 Post by Oberlus »

I guess you mean west (the squids)?

Hyperant
Space Kraken

#154 Post by Hyperant »

Ah yes i meant the west, for there is no realms in the eastern direction for tens of thousands of UU
-Lumin Federation
-Gamma Republic
-Holy Commune
-Supreme League
-Frost Syndicate

swaq
Space Dragon

#155 Post by swaq »

The Good News must be shared with all species. The second Holy Crusade starts now!

Hyperant
Space Kraken

#156 Post by Hyperant »

The Daily Article

Downfall

Despite suffering some setbacks such as the lifting of the blockade of the Waldorf System and the en-massing of the hostile task force sooner than anticipated, it seems that the aquatic realm has decided to evacuate its civilian from the entire visible western region. This may have come as a result of our theocratic realm launching what seemed to be a second crusade against them.

However, this would not be without loss, as Rear Admiral Dressel who was commanding his flag ship the Herschel, was killed in action when his detachment that was blockading the Waldorf System came under attack by vanguard elements of the taskforce now codenamed TF-Sigma. Despite destroying the hostile ships, his own ship was crippled beyond repair, and due to the presence of heavy mines in the system, made a last ditch effort to sabotage the aquatic realm by commanding his ship directly into the black hole power generator. The explosion would be so bright it was seen from many systems away. For his act, he will be awarded posthumously awarded the Stellar Medal of Freedom, the highest military award in the Republic.

It is unclear at this time whether their entire realm is being evacuated or just the visual parts that we can gather from intelligence.
-Lumin Federation
-Gamma Republic
-Holy Commune
-Supreme League
-Frost Syndicate

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#157 Post by Oberlus »

Bullies...

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#158 Post by Ophiuchus »

Hyperant wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:35 pm It is unclear at this time whether their entire realm is being evacuated or just the visual parts that we can gather from intelligence.
It seems everybody is just leaving.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

swaq
Space Dragon

#159 Post by swaq »

Ophiuchus wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:23 pm
Hyperant wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:35 pm It is unclear at this time whether their entire realm is being evacuated or just the visual parts that we can gather from intelligence.
It seems everybody is just leaving.
I suspect they are fleeing from a pandemic. But keep faith! There is safety for those who believe in our Lord and Savior!

swaq
Space Dragon

#160 Post by swaq »

Crusade breakthrough successful! Time to set up some churches.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#161 Post by Oberlus »

swaq wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:49 pm Crusade breakthrough successful! Time to set up some churches.
Don't forget to bring the Faith to the junkies.

swaq
Space Dragon

#162 Post by swaq »

Oberlus wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:54 pm
swaq wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:49 pm Crusade breakthrough successful! Time to set up some churches.
Don't forget to bring the Faith to the junkies.
All are equal in the eyes of the Lord.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#163 Post by Oberlus »

In home confinement and I can only play with the AI... :cry:
DIE ALREADY!

Hyperant
Space Kraken

#164 Post by Hyperant »

The Daily Article

Descent

Late in the night, the largest battle of the entire Republic-Aquatic conflict, the Battle of Hindenburg's Nebula has finally concluded after several days of battle, in a conclusive and decisive victory for the Republic albeit after sustaining heavy losses. Although heavy losses were sustained, the battle has seen the complete destruction of the aquatic fleet in our sector, which leaves their western systems wide open for attack.

Combined with the apparent realm-wide evacuation as well as the northern crusades, this highlights the definite end of the once mighty empire.
-Lumin Federation
-Gamma Republic
-Holy Commune
-Supreme League
-Frost Syndicate

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#165 Post by Oberlus »

Are Ophiuchus Sly planets still hidden to the rest of you?