Fifth game of the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Magnate
Space Dragon

Re: Fifth game of the multiplayer slow game server

#91 Post by Magnate »

Thanks both - this might be a mismatch between my client version and the server version. I'll check next time I upgrade.

Magnate
Space Dragon

#92 Post by Magnate »

Magnate wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:26 pm Thanks both - this might be a mismatch between my client version and the server version. I'll check next time I upgrade.
Yes, I upgraded my client and this sitrep message now looks right.

Incidentally, we have lost the helpful info of who has already turned and who hasn't - is there any way of getting this back?

o01eg
Programmer

#93 Post by o01eg »

Magnate wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:20 pm
Magnate wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:26 pm Thanks both - this might be a mismatch between my client version and the server version. I'll check next time I upgrade.
Yes, I upgraded my client and this sitrep message now looks right.

Incidentally, we have lost the helpful info of who has already turned and who hasn't - is there any way of getting this back?
It shouldn't be broken now.
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-04-14.ad50e93.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

swaq
Space Dragon

#94 Post by swaq »

o01eg wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:25 pm
Magnate wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:20 pm Incidentally, we have lost the helpful info of who has already turned and who hasn't - is there any way of getting this back?
It shouldn't be broken now.
It looks to be working fine for me. I can see that Magnate has a check mark in the Empires window.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#95 Post by Oberlus »

Hey, guys, I miss the party. How is it going? Tell us something!

swaq
Space Dragon

#96 Post by swaq »

Oberlus wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:29 am Hey, guys, I miss the party. How is it going? Tell us something!
We're 46 turns in and the first colonies have traded hands. TheSilentOne mercilessly invaded alleryn's undefended Exobot-inhabited planets while alleryn was busy defending another colony from a vacuum dragon (unsuccessfully). It's not looking good for Team Newbies.

I think we were doomed from the start. Even though JonCST and alleryn started right next to each other they still haven't been able to connect because of a pesky Sentinel at the perfect chokepoint. Finding early habitable planets was a disaster for our whole team. One of us wasn't even able to use the starting colony ship until around turn 25.

That said I am having a lot of fun. It is much more interesting to play against real people than the AI.

The Silent One
Graphics

#97 Post by The Silent One »

swaq wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:27 pmTheSilentOne mercilessly invaded alleryn's undefended Exobot-inhabited planets while alleryn was busy defending another colony from a vacuum dragon (unsuccessfully). It's not looking good for Team Newbies.
Don't forget to mention JonCST is sending his evil worms to one of my settlements as we speak. But yes, those Exobot colonies were irresistible.
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

alleryn
Space Dragon

#98 Post by alleryn »

As far as that vacuum dragon goes, i thought armed ships prevented planets from being bombarded. Either this isn't the case, or it doesn't apply to monsters. Sorry team!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#99 Post by Oberlus »

alleryn wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:18 pmi thought armed ships prevented planets from being bombarded. Either this isn't the case, or it doesn't apply to monsters.
Only way to stop those basterds is by killing them. No idea about ships with bombing weapons, but I pressume it's the same.

JonCST
Space Kraken

#100 Post by JonCST »

The Silent One wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:26 pm Don't forget to mention JonCST is sending his evil worms to one of my settlements as we speak.
We resent your endoskeltocentrism.

And we're ambitious, not evil.

Sorted into Slytherin for centuries. You just think that's a snake on that badge.

J.

The Silent One
Graphics

#101 Post by The Silent One »

Expelli-wormus!?
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

JonCST
Space Kraken

Advance notice: Jon out from Wed-Sun, 23 - 27 Oct

#102 Post by JonCST »

Hi all.

I'll be attending the Staunton River Star Party from Wednesday, 23 October through Sunday, 27 October.

I will be unable to enter orders during that period, and request that the deadline falling on the 23rd be extended until the 28th.

If that is not acceptable, i suppose we can try out the delegation logic.

Thanks.

Jon

swaq
Space Dragon

#103 Post by swaq »

Turn 54. The peaceful swaq empire delicately removed an unsightly troop ship from the top of the galaxy only to be chased all the way home by bloodthirsty Laenfa warriors of the Magnate dynasty. And on the direct front Magnate has employed Kobuntura slaves to assert dominance over the border territories. It's a stalemate for now with a precarious balance. At the bottom of the galaxy the valiant worms of JonCST were able to capture an outpost owned by TheSilentOne only to be pushed back by the rapid expansion of the cybernetic weeds. Over on the right corner of the galaxy alleryn has heroically marched on his formerly owned Exobot colonies which were extremely grateful to be liberated from the oppressive weeds. o01eg has taken the Switzerland approach and avoided getting involved in any wars.

This news update may or may not be propaganda.

swaq
Space Dragon

Re: Advance notice: Jon out from Wed-Sun, 23 - 27 Oct

#104 Post by swaq »

JonCST wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:47 pm Hi all.

I'll be attending the Staunton River Star Party from Wednesday, 23 October through Sunday, 27 October.

I will be unable to enter orders during that period, and request that the deadline falling on the 23rd be extended until the 28th.

If that is not acceptable, i suppose we can try out the delegation logic.

Thanks.

Jon
I don't mind waiting if necessary but maybe Oberlus is available for delegation?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#105 Post by Oberlus »

swaq wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:41 pmI don't mind waiting if necessary but maybe Oberlus is available for delegation?
I can do that, only if JonCST is confortable with the idea.