Fifth game of the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

o01eg
Programmer

Re: Fifth game of the multiplayer slow game server

#241 Post by o01eg »

Indeed, it was a great and fruitful game. Good luck in the next game!
Gentoo Linux x64, gcc-11.2, boost-1.78.0
Ubuntu Server 22.04 x64, gcc-12, boost-1.74.0
Welcome to the slow multiplayer game at freeorion-lt.dedyn.io.Version 2024-03-15.b3de094.
Donations're welcome:BTC:bc1q007qldm6eppqcukewtfkfcj0naut9njj7audnm

JonCST
Space Kraken

Re: Fifth game of the multiplayer slow game server

#242 Post by JonCST »

Magnate wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:35 pmI'd like to say a big thank you to team AllerswaqCST for such spirited play [...]
Thanks for your kind words.
The Silent One wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:51 pm Jon had a difficult starting location
Actually, all three of us had a difficult starting position, with the monsters preventing Alleryn and i from combining, and poor swaq between a hammer, an anvil, and another set of monsters.

I do think the highlight of the early game was what turned into a suicidal attack when i forgot to count just how many comsats there were. My rule of thumb is to increase attacking weapons weight 1:1 when encountering chaff, and i didn't do that.

We'd still have lost, but at least we'd have maybe done better 'til o01eg managed to break out.

J.

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Fifth game: Current crashing after login

#243 Post by Vezzra »

JonCST wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:41 pmWould someone please refresh my memory where (on OS X) one finds the log file?
<user home directory>/Library/Application Support/FreeOrion

That's the default location, unless you've manually changed that in the options.

JonCST
Space Kraken

#244 Post by JonCST »

Vezzra wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:32 am
JonCST wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:41 pmWould someone please refresh my memory where (on OS X) one finds the log file?
<user home directory>/Library/Application Support/FreeOrion

That's the default location, unless you've manually changed that in the options.
Thanks, Vezzra. Part of my problem was that <home>/Library is a "hidden" folder on my system, and i had to go in using Terminal rather than the Finder.

Jon

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

#245 Post by Vezzra »

JonCST wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:25 pmPart of my problem was that <home>/Library is a "hidden" folder on my system, and i had to go in using Terminal rather than the Finder.
You can make the Library folder visible: right click somewhere in the home directory, select "Display Options" (or something like that it should be, in German it's "Darstellungsoptionen") in the context menu. In the window that pops up there should be a checkbox to toggle visibility of the Library folder.