Solved: Fighter Launch Capacity

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

EricF
Space Dragon

Solved: Fighter Launch Capacity

#1 Post by EricF »

When I build a ship it lists the ship part Launch Bay with a capacity of 2. I built an SG carrier with 2 Fighter Hangers and 3 Launch Bays. The design description shows that ship with a launch capacity of six. All good so far. The enemy has a Robo Hull carrier with one Interceptor Hanger and one Launch Bay (the ship has ONE Launch Bay and 3 Lasers) and yet the combat log clearly shows him launching all 4 Interceptors at once. How is this possible?

Edit: OK, I now see how this is possible. The Launch Bay has a launch capacity of 2 for Bombers and Fighters, but a launch capacity of 4 with Interceptor Hangers.

BTW, I've seen an AI designed ship with one Interceptor Hanger but with 2 Launch Bays so the AI seems a little confused by this issue as well. :?

Another Edit: Is there a Technology that increases the Launch Bays capacity? Because the ship I described above with a Launch capacity of six later in the game has a launch capacity of 12. I started a new game just to see if I wasn't going crazy. Yes the original capacity for LB's is 2 for Bombers and Fighters and 4 for Interceptors, but at some point the launch capacity of LB's went up to 4 for all Hanger types. Also some of the stock ship designs have the wrong number of LB's. For example there is a stock standard large hull carrier with one Interceptor Hanger, but it has 2 LB's. :?
Is any of this documented anywhere?

EricF
Space Dragon

Re: Solved: Fighter Launch Capacity

#2 Post by EricF »

I now see that the Launch Bay capacity doubling for all fighters
was some kind of bug because I have not seen it happen in
subsequent games.

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Solved: Fighter Launch Capacity

#3 Post by Dilvish »

My recollection is that it's only doubled for interceptors
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0