Experimentors?

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Experimentors?

#1 Post by Oberlus »

Hi,

My current game promises to be a very interesting one. One of the AIs is way ahead of me on RPs (nearly 3x) as well as PPs (doubles me). I'll have to use comsats to stop its onslaught.

To the point: my empire is in the "northest" part of the galaxy (cluster type), all AIs are south (met two, one is the juggernaut one, the other two must be further south, haven't scouted). I've noticed, after getting neutron scanner, that there is a stranded system (no starlanes) at around 200 uus from one of my northest systems. Does it mean I'll have all the fun from the Experimentors for myself, while the luckily overpowered AI bumps me from the south? :D

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Experimentors?

#2 Post by MatGB »

Almost certainly, there are currently no other deliberate ways in which a system is cutoff so unless you've found a very weird bug it'll be them.

For what it's worth one of the long term goals with galaxy generation is to a) make them (and maybe the others) an optional victory condition so they don't appear unless you want them and b) have them placed first, at roughly the centre of the map, before empire homeworlds are positioned, currently they're placed afterwards and sometimes the only place they can be is the edge.

But coding any of that is way beyond me so it requires someone actually good at this stuff to want to do it.

I have zero advice for your situation other than growth techs and detection techs, once you can see their world you know what turn they might start launching (it's the firepower stat of their system defences), the rest is up to you, have fun ;-)
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

defaultuser
Juggernaut

#3 Post by defaultuser »

Some people don't like it, and I know there was talk about changing how it works or how the AIs handle it, but Gateway to the Void can be a useful tool in tough circumstances.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#4 Post by Oberlus »

defaultuser wrote:Some people don't like it, and I know there was talk about changing how it works or how the AIs handle it, but Gateway to the Void can be a useful tool in tough circumstances.
I may try that.
Black Krakens began to appear, not far from the choke point where I've stopped the pale blue overpowered AI (4 planets at defence focus plus 99 comsats). Pairs of my Titanic BattleCarriers follow the Krakens until killed, to minimise the population I'm losing, as long as the pale blue does not require them to gather on the choke point. Meanwhile the only AI not being pwned by the pale blue (dark blue) keeps gathering huge armies on my east side (three different choke points, one being an empty system) and crashing against my armies (that suffer some loses, but mi PPs are higher than his).
Seems I can make it. Switched all planets to production focus and my PPs are rocketing (almost reached that of pale blue). I already got all the important tech, collapsed a red star to black hole and the solar containment unit is under construction for my mobile suns to start making a difference. As soon as I neutralise the dark blue menace on east or at least can get enough army to split between the three choke points I will get down that brutal monster (100+ dmg) that is guarding the +0.5 production special far behind my lines. That should make it.

Indeed the most funny game I've had up to now!