Zoom Mode - possible?

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

theshover
Space Krill

Zoom Mode - possible?

#1 Post by theshover »

Hello, there FO peoples

I have a idea to help distinguish our game's multiplayer from other game's of the 4X type. A 'quick mode' to allow players to quickly run through a bit of the game in a short time frame (like speed-running civilization 4). While this idea may be discarded like similar ones on this forum. I hoping for a mode to allow quick sessions.

I have noticed that when i'm playing games of this type, there is a full immersion for hours, I'm aware that many people don't have the time to play for that long. So what I'm proposing is a mode when activated, it will disable certain features that may take a significant amount of time to implement. Point and shoot, to be honest. :|
Fear mortals! For he has no clue what he is doing! - Freya

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Zoom Mode - possible?

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

theshover wrote:So what I'm proposing is a mode when activated, it will disable certain features that may take a significant amount of time to implement.
I assume "implement" means "play"? Regardless, could you give some examples?

Bromstarzan
Dyson Forest

#3 Post by Bromstarzan »

I see your concern and understand your suggestion.
I am relatively new to the game too, but have (after climbing initial learning-curve) come to appreciate the various phases of the game and the longivety of one single game. The good thing is you can save at any moment and continue when it fits your life.

Perhaps you should try to request game-saves around turn 200 from people here at the forum to have your point and shoot game :lol:
| i7 7700K [email protected] | GTX 1080 Ti | RAM: 32GB | PSU: 750w | W10 x64 | 2xAcer1920x1080 |

theshover
Space Krill

#4 Post by theshover »

Geoff the Medio wrote:
theshover wrote:So what I'm proposing is a mode when activated, it will disable certain features that may take a significant amount of time to implement.
I assume "implement" means "play"? Regardless, could you give some examples?
I think what I'm trying to say, is that when you start a game you could (under some advance settings tab perhaps?) turn on the feature and what it will do is that it will turn off a majority of the bells and whistles. I know that 'yall are trying to make the game less, well, math-like for the lack of a better word.

For example: Playing civilization 4 with out having all the research/culture/civics/etc buttons and features along the top. Another example :Watching the movie as opposed to the book.

I know that y'all have been doing a good job so far with making the game fairly simple, I have a particular liking for games with 4X elements while maintaining a balance with simplicity and complexity. I think that this proposed mode would also show performance boosts as the game (depending how the feature is implemented, at least) wouldn't have to calculate as many things.

@bromstarzan I haven't been to far into the game and while i have been up to turn (+;-) 40 I haven't gotten to far, so far so good!

Cheers from theshover!
Fear mortals! For he has no clue what he is doing! - Freya