Supply from other worlds

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

godel
Space Dragon

Supply from other worlds

#1 Post by godel »

This has been true for a long time.
If you have two networks of supply routes, the one not connected to the home world usually does not count.
You can take you ships to the planet itself, and they will not get refueled. The planet could be happy, populated, and well, but if it is off the main net, you are messed up.

Or maybe I do not understand supply.
I took a scout to the main world, no refuel. Sat it there a turn, no refuel. What happened?
Attachments
No resupply at homeworld.png
No resupply at homeworld.png (627.26 KiB) Viewed 1262 times

Vezzra
Release Manager, Design

Re: Supply from other worlds

#2 Post by Vezzra »

AFAICT by your screenshot, the Concord (purple) empire overwhelms your supply capacity at Morrig (as can be seen by the color of the system circle). Which basically means, their supply propagates with more strength into that system than you colony there can provide, which in turn means your colony can't supply anything (not even ships stationed directly in the system) and is completely cut off. In order to "push back" the enemy supply propagation you need to either increase the supply capacity of your colony, or send in an armed ship.

I've to admit I'm not too happy with that dynamic. As your question shows, it confuses players, as you'd naturally expect to be able to share supply at least within the same system if there are neither ships nor colonies present other than your own. It's counter-intuitive IMO...

Kassiopeija
Dyson Forest

Re: Supply from other worlds

#3 Post by Kassiopeija »

I agree. I can't see how foreign supply [which, if I'm correct, represents stuff like workers, material etc] is able to block other supply if they're civil/unarmed. Especially in space where space is abundant.

Though I like it from a game mechanic perspective that supply becomes something to still consider in midgame. Elevators are more useful now.