Balanced troops

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

godel
Space Dragon

Balanced troops

#1 Post by godel »

Quite a long time ago I made the suggestion that offensive and defensive abilities of troops should somehow reflect each other.
I regret this.
What one race can now do in 2 turns (create 12 troops) it now takes another more then 10 turns to do.
I feel that the troops are greatly unbalanced.

Here is my more moderate proposal.
for -1 level, -1 troop production, that is 5 per turn not 6.
for -2 level, -2 production. 4 per turn
for +1 level +2 production, 8 per turn
for +2 level total +4 production, 10 per turn.

This might be unbalanced, but it is way better then what we have now.
I was thinking that it could be set up as a table.
I have not programmed in 15 years. I have been mad enough to consider getting back in so I could fix this. Not going to happen, but still...

This would have the Egaassm producting 10 troups per turn vs 5 for the least effective races.
It would still allow a least race to have a chance against the Es.
Last edited by godel on Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Balanced troops

#2 Post by MatGB »

Balancing the troop numbers and working through which races should get which bonuses of maluses is something we need to do, the current numbers are basically a placeholder until a proper balancing pass can happen, nothing is set, yet. Egassem are definitely a bit over the top at the moment, and I think bad attack troops is to big a disadvantage, not sure how to deal with that.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

godel
Space Dragon

#3 Post by godel »

My solution above is only an intuitive one: it feels right.

theshover
Space Krill

#4 Post by theshover »

I would appreciate if there was minor bit of variation with some variations with the numbers (randomness).
MatGB wrote:Balancing the troop numbers and working through which races should get which bonuses of maluses is something we need to do, the current numbers are basically a placeholder until a proper balancing pass can happen, nothing is set, yet
Do you think balancing should be a comparison between the all the races, that way they're implemented is with differing but not to much ? (No masters races)
Fear mortals! For he has no clue what he is doing! - Freya

godel
Space Dragon

#5 Post by godel »

No master races!
The Egaasm are nearly automatic winners, unless someone captures one of their small planets early.