No New Star

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Piwoslaw
Space Floater

No New Star

#1 Post by Piwoslaw »

Playing newest test build (16-05-2016).

SitRep states that a new star has been formed in Deep Space, but when I click on the location there is no star:
NewStar.jpg
NewStar.jpg (153.74 KiB) Viewed 1637 times
A few turns later, still no star:(

Bromstarzan
Dyson Forest

Re: No New Star

#2 Post by Bromstarzan »

You might need to "discover" it first. I'm quite new to the game, but to me it looks like you have no scout, nor detection range to actually se the star type.
Others, correct me if I'm wrong, please :D
| i7 7700K [email protected] | GTX 1080 Ti | RAM: 32GB | PSU: 750w | W10 x64 | 2xAcer1920x1080 |

MatGB
Creative Contributor

#3 Post by MatGB »

Yeah, it's just outside your detection range, I've never quite worked out why but if a nebula collapses at the other end of a starlane you can see then you get told about it, if you look at your screenshot there are scanlines over the nebula in the circle, that indicates you can't see it (if you turn visibility circles on it'll be clearer).

Get a scout there and you'll see a shiny new star and possibly a planet worth grabbing.
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Piwoslaw
Space Floater

#4 Post by Piwoslaw »

MatGB wrote:Get a scout there and you'll see a shiny new star and possibly a planet worth grabbing.
True. Thanks to both for the reply:)