Improving the level of Production Points.

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

danieledel
Space Floater

Improving the level of Production Points.

#1 Post by danieledel »

The level of Production Points (PP) is important to make it grow well, in order to achieve anything. Several Italians that I convinced to play Freeorion tell me that they struggle to have a good level of PP, unlike the "enemies" led by Artificial Intelligence. They mostly play with the Human race, they get to unlock the Adaptive Automation technology but on the planets only 2 "typical" PP levels are generated, I maybe suggest to change the set production of a world towards the PP and not on the Tech Points (typical of Humans) but this strategy does not suit them. What should I suggest to them to increase their PP? I colonizing worlds and asteroids with Exobots, and setting their typical prudence on PP, I get satisfying results. What do you recommend? Thank you and good day.

BlueAward
Vacuum Dragon

Re: Improving the level of Production Points.

#2 Post by BlueAward »

If they put all their worlds on research and later are shocked they have no production then well, they are just stubborn...

But even production focused planets early on do not give much production before getting more population, so the +2 PP from adaptive automation actually is pretty good for starters.

One of the biggest early production boost would be finding and settling a system with gas giant and putting gas giant generator on it. To a lesser extent, but similar story - microgravity industry and asteroid belts. But yes, those two do require industry focus.

Researching max population techs help with passive industry from capital, and if you tech up enough stuff boosting "poor" planets, then exobots can settle asteroids which goes together nicely with microgravity industry and apparent acceptance of robots on industry focus... but the latter part you understand already, so... don't think there's much more
Last edited by BlueAward on Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#3 Post by Ophiuchus »

danieledel, which version of freeorion are you using?
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

danieledel
Space Floater

#4 Post by danieledel »

Freeorion 0.4.10.2 .

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#5 Post by LienRag »

Do they play without Natives ?
Getting a good production Native planet is usually a big boost to production.