Fiftteent game on the multiplayer slow game server

For topics that do not fit in another sub-forum.

Moderator: Oberlus

Message
Author
User avatar
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Re: Fiftteent game on the multiplayer slow game server

#286 Post by Oberlus »

Oberlus wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:52 pm At turn 123 an armed fleet of Oberlus...
Ah, my bad. I had merged a fleet of chaff with a warship fleet and the fleet standing was automatically set to passive, that's why there was no combat. No bug here.

User avatar
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Re: Fiftteent game on the multiplayer slow game server

#287 Post by Oberlus »

LienRag, please, send some army to my border so that o01eg and Ophi/Wobbly can breath a bit and send themselves some army to my other border to calm things down a bit :roll:

Also, play your turn for once.

wobbly
Dyson Forest
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Re: Fiftteent game on the multiplayer slow game server

#288 Post by wobbly »

To the empire of George,

You choose to ignore explicit warnings that aggressive action in our ally's territory would carry consequences. You choose treachery over a deal which would restore peace and balance to the galaxy. Prepare yourself for full scale war.

Yours faithfully,
The Cacti Conglomerate

User avatar
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Re: Fiftteent game on the multiplayer slow game server

#289 Post by Oberlus »

The Gysache and GeorgeOfTheJungle (GoodGeorge) Union praise the Cacti Conglomerate for its fair actions and good decisions. We fully support a balanced galaxy, and so we are also committed to reduce GenocidalGeorge bedlam effects on this galaxy.

User avatar
LienRag
Psionic Snowflake
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 5:03 pm

Re: Fiftteent game on the multiplayer slow game server

#290 Post by LienRag »

You guys seem to keep forgetting that when you make a deal, you're supposed to also keep good of your part of the deal...

If someone agrees to do X if you stop attacking him, and then you attack him, and then he does Y instead of X, then he's actually following the agreed deal, not reneging on it - that's basic logic.

This not to say that you're not free to renege on your RP promises or betray anyone you want or even renege on your promises and then accuse (in RP) the other part of the deal of betraying you, of course.

wobbly
Dyson Forest
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Re: Fiftteent game on the multiplayer slow game server

#291 Post by wobbly »

You seem to be forgetting that if you end up at war with everyone and it's everyone else who's to blame, then it may be time to examine your view point. Alternatively you can scream and shout that you are the only one who understands real diplomacy. Anyway, I wrote a little poem.

Lawyers for courts
Battleships are for warzones
Deathrays are coming

(Is that actually 5-7-5? hope so)

User avatar
LienRag
Psionic Snowflake
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 5:03 pm

Re: Fiftteent game on the multiplayer slow game server

#292 Post by LienRag »

[RP mode this time]

The noble and benevolent George Empire takes note that the Cacti Conglomerate is unable to follow up on the deals it makes and as such decided to doom us all.

We/I will not be able to save the poor George from the atrocities thrown upon them under the guise of "reeducation" by the treacherous Gysache, alas - that is what pains us/me the most.

Let the George whose will have been shattered by these atrocious tortures to the point of becoming GeorgeOfTheJungle, turning away from the beauty of our white and spotless tundras, know that we forgive them all, and will reunite with them in the Void where the Gysache will send us all at the end of time.

User avatar
LienRag
Psionic Snowflake
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 5:03 pm

Re: Fiftteent game on the multiplayer slow game server

#293 Post by LienRag »

wobbly wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:20 am You seem to be forgetting that if you end up at war with everyone and it's everyone else who's to blame, then it may be time to examine your view point. Alternatively you can scream and shout that you are the only one who understands real diplomacy.
I don't believe that I blamed anyone (nor screamed or shout either, by the by) while writing OOC ? In RP yes, of course, that's one of the things RP is for.

OOC I just stated facts and asked a few questions about things that puzzled me.

AFAIK, I'm at war with everyone because I declared war on Oberlus in hope of signing peace quickly, which spectacularly backfired; on Bobitt - after he turned AI - to get some of his planets, in which I succeeded; and because the others declared war on me (factually, without any provocation from me).

Which is entirely fine if it brings them to victory, obviously.

User avatar
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Re: Fiftteent game on the multiplayer slow game server

#294 Post by Oberlus »

The selfish and egocentric George Empire won't acknowledge that Gysache/George/Replicon/Etty/Eaxaw Union is feeding on Malevolent George planets thanks to their absurd tactics and failed diplomacy. They could have tried to pose some resistance instead of letting us feed of their undefended planets while they try to feed on the less fortunate empires. It is their nonsensical and singleminded obsession on feeding on the weak using manipulation and treason what gave us the opportunity to grow bigger than anyone else.

The deceitful and malevolent George Empire won't acknowledge that Gysache/George/Replicon/Etty/Eaxaw Union thrives in cooperation.
We are proud to be fair if not generous, cooperative if not benevolent. That's why we are supporting the Cacti Conglomerate and the Laenfa Empire even when we are ahead in industry and military forces. We could just attack them treacherously a la LienRag style, but we prefer to have a balanced galaxy instead of being the big bully, we prefer to have allies rather than manipulate or abuse neighbors.

Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.


[OOC: your diplomacy is really aweful, LienRag, even worst than your tactics. You better only join fixed-team games.]

User avatar
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Re: Fiftteent game on the multiplayer slow game server

#295 Post by Oberlus »

LienRag wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:17 pm AFAIK, I'm at war with everyone because I declared war on Oberlus in hope of signing peace quickly, which spectacularly backfired; on Bobitt - after he turned AI - to get some of his planets, in which I succeeded; and because the others declared war on me (factually, without any provocation from me).

Which is entirely fine if it brings them to victory, obviously.
You are wrong. Ophiuchus/Wobbly would have teared me appart, but you pissed them off by being a bully that won't respect pacts.

User avatar
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Re: Fiftteent game on the multiplayer slow game server

#296 Post by Oberlus »

LienRag wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:15 am Is there a reason you didn't play the next turn in a row ? Not to put pressure on you, just asking.
Is there a reason you didn't play the next turn in a row for the past 5 turns or so when you are the last one to play?
Is there a reason you connect several times a day without playing your turn?
Not to put pressure on you, just asking.

User avatar
LienRag
Psionic Snowflake
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 5:03 pm

Re: Fiftteent game on the multiplayer slow game server

#297 Post by LienRag »

Oberlus wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:43 pm
LienRag wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:15 am Is there a reason you didn't play the next turn in a row ? Not to put pressure on you, just asking.
Is there a reason you didn't play the next turn in a row for the past 5 turns or so when you are the last one to play?
Is there a reason you connect several times a day without playing your turn?
Not to put pressure on you, just asking.
Well, I was a bit playing for my survival, if you hadn't noticed. A tad less now as I'm dead whatever I do, but I'm still trying to fight well for my last turns so it still takes some time to figure out the best moves.
I noticed that when I come back to a turn I already played but which is not finished (either because other players have not played theirs or because I used the Ophiuchus way of giving orders and not clicking on the "turn" button), I very often happen to find better moves than the one I had played, or new ideas about things to do.

Some of the connections/disconnections you see may be just that, by the way - I click on "turn" and then I notice something I should do differently and then click on "revise orders".

Also, I saw your message in the chat : I don't think that I was ever connected for 3 hours straight, as I don't leave my laptop open for that long (as you know, it tends to heat up). It may have been a bug ? Maybe some of the connections/disconnections you see are also wrong ?
Because indeed, as explained above, I did sometimes connect a few times before playing my turn, but I don't think that was my general behaviour ? Though I did not count exactly how many times I did connect, so I may be under a false impression...

Oh, and if you mean "connect to the forum" also, the answer is simple : it's on a different computer, so when I'm connected to the forum I'm usually not connected to the game.

User avatar
Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Re: Fiftteent game on the multiplayer slow game server

#298 Post by Oberlus »

LienRag wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:01 pm Well, I was a bit playing for my survival, if you hadn't noticed.
Oh. I thought you were playing for your extermination. Then I guess it didn't work as you expected?
I'm still trying to fight well for my last turns so it still takes some time to figure out the best moves.
Try respecting agreements with the empires that are not at war with you, to build up trust.
Also, try defending your planets from the empires that are at war with you and already pushing far within your consolidated space. I works for me (remember? that's what I did when you attacked me).
Some of the connections/disconnections you see
I only meant the times when you disconnect without playing your turn, as per my question. Nothing fancy.
Also, I saw your message in the chat : I don't think that I was ever connected for 3 hours straight
You don't need to think, it is what is written in the logs. Unlike others, logs don't lie.
It may have been a bug ? Maybe some of the connections/disconnections you see are also wrong ?
Nah. Disconnections might not get logged, but connections do, so in that case one would see "LienRag connected. LienRag connected. LienRag disconnected.", but I was referring to a time when each disconnection had its connection counterpart.
Oh, and if you mean "connect to the forum"
No, just the server logs.


I'm glad we got several turns today. Keep it up :mrgreen:

wobbly
Dyson Forest
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Re: Fiftteent game on the multiplayer slow game server

#299 Post by wobbly »

LienRag wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:01 pm Well, I was a bit playing for my survival, if you hadn't noticed. A tad less now as I'm dead whatever I do, but I'm still trying to fight well for my last turns so it still takes some time to figure out the best moves.
Yeah not long now, but it wasn't long ago that you had a strong position that was easily survivable. You actually had more production then o01eg + Oberlus combined. It's part of how you worked me up into such a fury. Talking about how you needed to cripple o01eg to survive and about the Oberlus threat and how he would just win if I didn't attack him. You had the resources to defend against both threats with production to spare. I had scouts close enough to see both your borders, if you try and feed me information that doesn't match up with my eyes, you end up with a ragey wobbly.

Thing is at the start I didn't have any intention of attacking you (Outside of any ships that happened to be in allied space). Weakening you, yes, but hopefully in a way that didn't require me to commit actual ships, outside of defense. Its not an area I can easily expand into, what with it being separated from me by o01eg's space. However I certainly had no intention of blowing up all my ships, weakening your enemy on 1 flank, all whilst letting you invade my ally. I'm not a fan of someone trying to play me, tends to get my back up a little. Just a little, it is a war game and I'll tolerate some attempts at deception (I'd respect it a little more, if you learn a little subtlety). However you started spamming my inbox trying to convince me to attack Oberlus, so he couldn't win, because you had decided not to defend that flank. All whilst throwing waves of ships at my ally. That unfortunately is a recipe for total annihilation.

User avatar
LienRag
Psionic Snowflake
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 5:03 pm

Re: Fiftteent game on the multiplayer slow game server

#300 Post by LienRag »

Well, a good example of what happens when I play at once is how I forgot to scrap the buildings at Rossi this morning...
I saw the ground troop ships, I counted them, noticed that they were able to invade both planets and not enough to invade other planets nearby, and it didn't click.

Leaving a drydock at a strategic crossroad near the heart of what's left of my Empire is quite a big deal though, so I really should have delayed clicking on "turn".

Post Reply