Vandal protection

This is a collection of old threads that have been moved from their original home.
Rapunzel
Pupating Mass

#16 Post by Rapunzel »

I just ran out of sparetime and couldnt revert comile etc.

Is there a faster way then using the dif files?
I rearly hope there is one.
goot day
Rapunzelchen
Dieser Text basiert ausschließlich auf frei erfundener Interpunktion und Orthographie. Jegliche Uebereinstimmungen mit geltenden Regelungen sind rein zufaellig und wurden nicht beabsichtigt.

Tyreth
FreeOrion Lead Emeritus

#17 Post by Tyreth »

For sysops it's much faster. There's a rollback button so it takes about a minute to revert all the changes, at most - thanks to tab browsing :)

I fixed the last ones. I hadn't realised non-sysops didn't have rollback until Yoghurt informed me.

Rapunzel
Pupating Mass

#18 Post by Rapunzel »

Allright, so I will leave such thinks up to you. using the diffs is a pain. :roll:
But I hope that this guy will get a live ...
Dieser Text basiert ausschließlich auf frei erfundener Interpunktion und Orthographie. Jegliche Uebereinstimmungen mit geltenden Regelungen sind rein zufaellig und wurden nicht beabsichtigt.

Yoghurt
Programmer

#19 Post by Yoghurt »

I've implemented an extended SpamRegex, so we can synchronise with Wikipedia's blacklist.
You can see the Blacklist I did not yet found time to implement it with the Wiki database, so for now, you will have to PM me, Zach or Tyreth for updating.
(Note for Zach and Tyreth: just update public_html/SpamPatterns.txt accordingly)

Yoghurt
Programmer

#20 Post by Yoghurt »

The spamcheck was too CPU heavy, making editing large pages a pain.
I've disabled it for now.

Yoghurt
Programmer

#21 Post by Yoghurt »

Spamcheck is now used only for anonymous edits; so, if you spend minutes waiting for your edit to be accepted, just create an account.
So far, Spambots do not seem to register when they can edit pages anonymously.