Gyisache - cowardly sheep like effects

Creation, discussion, and balancing of game content such as techs, buildings, ship parts.

Moderators: Oberlus, Committer

utilae
Cosmic Dragon

Gyisache - cowardly sheep like effects

#1 Post by utilae »

For the Gyisache, which are the cowardly sheep like race, is it possible to create a script like this:

1) Increased happiness if there are more colonized Gyisache planets within the same system.
2) Increased happiness if colonized Gyisache systems are closer together.
3) In battle, a ship has increased morale if there are more Gyisache ships nearby (closer).

The overall goal here is that if you are playing this race, it is less beneficial to spread out your colonies over greater distances. So the Gyisache live in a smaller area of space and prefer to be closer together in a flock.

Thoughts?

Dilvish
AI Lead and Programmer Emeritus

Re: Gyisache - cowardly sheep like effects

#2 Post by Dilvish »

The first two are possible to script, simply subject to defining more precisely the mathematical relationship you want, and subject to the large caveat that Happiness is really still just in placeholder form with no current significance.

The second seems it probably would be possible, but is more uncertain because it carries with it the larger caveat that I don't think ship morale is currently implemented even in a placeholder fashion, and I'm unaware of any plans for it. And sure, perhaps by morale you just meant a ship happiness meter, but again I'm unaware of any related plans.
If I provided any code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0

utilae
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Gyisache - cowardly sheep like effects

#3 Post by utilae »

Thanks.