Patch: Robotic hulls rebalancing

Creation, discussion, and balancing of game content such as techs, buildings, ship parts.

Moderators: Oberlus, Committer

MatGB
Creative Contributor

Re: Patch: Robotic hulls rebalancing

#16 Post by MatGB »

There is a potential language issue here. I'm, um, very British. And have the "educated British reticence" when I'm typing up something. If I say "probably the most controversial thing here" what I'm basically saying is "there's nothing here that's controversial because this is the change most likely to be objected to and it's minor".

I am, trying, to learn to say what I mean without British circumlocutions that're prone to misinterpretation, but it's hard. OTOH, Vegavis does have a point, I remember a discussion about the Large Hull awhileback and there were several who said it was fine as it was. As this was palpable nonsense I chose to ignore them but there is a slight tendency to go "we must get everyone to agree" which is, in theory, good, but it does mean tweaks and changes can get delayed a bit as we wait for feedback &c.

I'm of the opinion that stuff like this should be committed early and then tweaked later as long as it doesn't mess the AI up too badly, as we know not many use SVN to apply patches themselves, but, well, I'm not a project lead. Consequently, whenever I've done somethign for this I want Dilvish to look over it, in this case I knew it was fine for the AI but the next one won't be, however I don't think it'll mess things up too badly for it, just that it will make a difference.

Now, if you haven't go vote in my poll about the organic hull line ;-)
Mat Bowles

Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.