Cost of colony buildings/ship parts and outpost ship parts with Centralization and Colonization

Creation, discussion, and balancing of game content such as techs, buildings, ship parts.

Moderators: Oberlus, Committer

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

Cost of colony buildings/ship parts and outpost ship parts with Centralization and Colonization

#1 Post by Oberlus »

Grummel7 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:52 pm Regarding costs of colony ships, etc. could someone please open a thread in "Scripting & Balancing"?
I didn't remember this before I went ahead and did this: https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/pull/3720

- Colonization and Centralization cost factors apply to colony buildings and outpost ship parts (https://www.freeorion.org/forum/viewtop ... 48#p110448)
- Exobot colony cost decreased from 70 to 60 (there's been discussion on whether Exobot should still cost more than regular species, this is something in between).
- Colonization and Centralization cost factors decreased from 0.5 to to 1/3 (50% of a colony ship is comparable to +~80% PP per turn early game; 33% is probably still OP, but this is at least a step in the good direction and will be good to have feedback).

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Cost of colony buildings/ship parts and outpost ship parts with Centralization and Colonization

#2 Post by wobbly »

Code: Select all

COLONIZATION_POLICY_MULTIPLIER
'''(1
    - (Statistic If condition = And [Source EmpireHasAdoptedPolicy empire = Source.Owner name = "PLC_COLONIZATION"])/3
    + (Statistic If condition = And [Source EmpireHasAdoptedPolicy empire = Source.Owner name = "PLC_CENTRALIZATION"])/3
)
'''
Looks suspiciously like (1 - 1) / 3 and (1 + 1) / 3 to me, but I haven't actually tested it

Edit: guess its not ignore me.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Cost of colony buildings/ship parts and outpost ship parts with Centralization and Colonization

#3 Post by wobbly »

Brainfades aside. Seems like a reasonable change.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#4 Post by Oberlus »

Maybe clearer if I keep the previous sintax?
Also, the more I think about it, the more I see 0.33 is still too much and better to playtest directly 0.25:

Code: Select all

COLONIZATION_POLICY_MULTIPLIER
'''(1
    - 0.25*(Statistic If condition = And [Source EmpireHasAdoptedPolicy empire = Source.Owner name = "PLC_COLONIZATION"])
    + 0.25*(Statistic If condition = And [Source EmpireHasAdoptedPolicy empire = Source.Owner name = "PLC_CENTRALIZATION"])
)
'''
In favor?

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#5 Post by wobbly »

Looks like its merged already anyway and we see how 1/3 goes.

ThinkSome
Psionic Snowflake

#6 Post by ThinkSome »

The current colonisation policy is a no-brainer. But I think it should also make colony buildings and outpost parts cheaper.