Description for independent stability

Creation, discussion, and balancing of game content such as techs, buildings, ship parts.

Moderators: Oberlus, Committer

stpa
Space Kraken

Re: Description for independent stability

#16 Post by stpa »

Ophiuchus wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:41 pm
stpa wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:36 pm u r right, likes/dislikes are broken
who said that?

after playing, i think the laenfa are actually no problem in early game - at least if you know how to work with likes/dislikes.

btw, i LOVE the new policy cards!!! and the bigger/smaller button, too.

oh. i thought you did. but probably right, when i went completely noobish into a new game with them in first-ever master game, i knew nought of governance .. but still, that artistic in their description is a bit mysterious

and the policy cards should, nice though they look, should please remember their selected display size. and the lower window part should not grow unnecessarily when resizing the window. and drag/dropping onto occupied slots should replace the slot with the draggee

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#17 Post by wobbly »

stpa wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:10 pm .. but still, that artistic in their description is a bit mysterious
Might have something to do with this

Code: Select all

ARTISANS_INFLUENCE_STABILITY
'''
        [[DESCRIPTION_EFFECTSGROUP_MACRO(ARTISTIC_TRAIT_DESC)]]
        EffectsGroup     // artistic species generate influence when artisans workshops policy adopted
            scope = Source
            activation = And [
                HasTag name = "ARTISTIC"
                Happiness low = 1
                EmpireHasAdoptedPolicy empire = Source.Owner name = "PLC_ARTISAN_WORKSHOPS"
                Focus type = "FOCUS_INFLUENCE"
            ]
description_effectsgroup_macro is running whether the species is artistic or not hence pretty much every species shows as artistic.

Edit: Also this would have been easier to find if it wasn't mixed up into 1 giant mega-commit.

stpa
Space Kraken

#18 Post by stpa »

i'll appologize at your convenience. probbly tomorrows meetmeet ... sOrry .. so, needs to be a couple lines below in the code and should be okay then. i'll .. maybe squash the fix up in another mega-commit;? lol nope. yeah. on it.

stpa
Space Kraken

#19 Post by stpa »

wobbly wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:35 pm Might have something to do with this
[…]
first poke at fixing it resulted in a strangely abbreviated list of all species. ¿lol⸮ i'll try and find out why and whats wrong with those. and fix the hyperartisticality-issue.
Attachments
first try at fixing - whoopsie more kaputt.png
first try at fixing - whoopsie more kaputt.png (232.86 KiB) Viewed 660 times

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#20 Post by wobbly »

I have a PR over here: https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/pull/3695 that just displays it the same way as telepathic and xenophobic rather then on its own line. I liked the little line, but didn't want to fuss to much and also wasn't sure that artisans workshop effects was the best place for it anyway.

stpa
Space Kraken

#21 Post by stpa »

wobbly wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:57 pm I have a PR over here: https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/pull/3695 that just displays it the same way as telepathic and xenophobic rather then on its own line. I liked the little line, but didn't want to fuss to much and also wasn't sure that artisans workshop effects was the best place for it anyway.
oh great if u want to fix it then thanks a lot. (those were only the species with no influence left in the all species list btw).
what i came up with now also doesnt seem to work or has the same result as in the above screenshot.

Code: Select all

EffectsGroup
            scope = Source
            description = "ARTISTIC_TRAIT_DESC"
            activation HasTag name = "ARTISTIC"
            effects = NoOp
so. over to u.