Flanking Policy

Creation, discussion, and balancing of game content such as techs, buildings, ship parts.

Moderators: Oberlus, Committer

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Re: Flanking Policy

#16 Post by Ophiuchus »

Geoff the Medio wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:12 am Probably could add some fleet properties like "previous system when at next turn position" and "previous system when at final destination" that would be based on the fleet's current planned travel route.
Yes, that would work (it is the not-complex version of my suggested PlottedArrivalFrom with fixed target system). PreviousToFinalDestinationID I guess. I'll give it a shot.

edit1: implemented
Last edited by Ophiuchus on Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

Re: Flanking Policy

#17 Post by LienRag »

Geoff the Medio wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:52 amYou should use NextSystemID in the condition that selects ships for the Statistic, and PreviousSystemID in the value calculated for each of the objects matched by the condition. This will then find the ships whose next system is the target system, and then for each of those, find what its previous system was (which should include ships departing a system 1 turn away, I think). The CountUnique statistic then takes that list of previous system IDs and determines how many unique values there are for that.
I guess it depends if the PreviousSystemID changes when a ship is on a starlane or not ?