New species trait: stability

Creation, discussion, and balancing of game content such as techs, buildings, ship parts.

Moderators: Oberlus, Committer

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

New species trait: stability

#1 Post by Oberlus »

Now that stability (old happiness) is a thing that serves some purposes, it makes sense to add the corresponding species trait.

Bad: -5
Average: +0
Good: +5
Great: +10
Ultimate: +15

I made the following assignments (for starters, please comment):

BAD:
DERTHREAN
EGASSEM
FULVER
HAPPY
KOBUNTURA (also changed bad defense troops for good; bad happiness should make them less interesting as spammable species)
TRITH (also made them average supply instead of bad, and average industry instead of bad, to compensate for the many nerfs they've got in 0.4.10+)

GOOD:
ABADDONI
BANFORO
CYNOS
EAXAW
EXOBOT
GEORGE (also changed good influence to average)
GISGUSGTHRIM
HHOH (also changed good weapons to average; because they had nothing bad plus good weapons, too powerful)
MISIORLA (also bad influence instead of good, and bad stockpile instead of average; maybe they should be bad stability?)
PHINNERT
SILEXIAN

GREAT:
Just Cray

Some other changes along the way:
- Made Muursh (great weapons and no bad traits; that is powerful) dislike pretty much every type of shipyard, so that they are less of a spammable species. Although that will work better if we make low-enough stability to disable ship building.
- Removed base shipyard and orbital drydock from the dislikes of Replicon (just because it seemed unfit for their description).
- Made Setinon average influence instead of great (they are non-telepathic cells, doesn't seem to fit with the description).
- Made Tae Ghirus average industry instead of good, so they are not so nice to have.

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

Re: New species trait: stability

#2 Post by LienRag »

+10 Stability is an incredible bonus right now...
Shouldn't we wait for Stability mechanisms to work before assigning levels ?

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#3 Post by Oberlus »

LienRag wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:26 pm +10 Stability is an incredible bonus right now...
Shouldn't we wait for Stability mechanisms to work before assigning levels ?
It's concurrent.
But you can wait.

Edit: shouldn't you be playing your turn? you're last one for the past few hours :twisted:

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#4 Post by LienRag »

I'm trying but I have to wait for the OTP (apparently the snap refreshed -?- and it doesn't recognize me).