GG generators are no-brainers

Creation, discussion, and balancing of game content such as techs, buildings, ship parts.

Moderators: Oberlus, Committer

ThinkSome
Psionic Snowflake

Re: GG generators are no-brainers

#46 Post by ThinkSome »

I'd prefer if it was like microgravity industry.

Then a third stance could be added to ships called "harass", which would harass in-system and starlane shipping without engaging planetary defences.

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#47 Post by Ophiuchus »

Oberlus wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:41 am
swaq wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:27 pm Does it need to be differentiated?
..They are all different with current implementation: ... I wanted to remove the repetitive building queuing in the GGG, but not make it a different flavour of MI. With the central building we can make it supply-connected (which could be blockaded) and I think that is interesting for strategy.
I like this differentiation (all working slightly different) but it would force the hand of Sly empires (which are build around GG) to becoming supply-connected. So I would rather propose to switch the roles.

Micrograv needs supply-connected building and no outpost (supply-network-blockadable). GGG needs outpost and no supply-connection. Both effects can be blockaded for other planets in the relevant systems (system-local-blockadable).
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#48 Post by Oberlus »

Ophiuchus wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:46 pm Micrograv needs supply-connected building and no outpost (supply-network-blockadable). GGG needs outpost and no supply-connection. Both effects can be blockaded for other planets in the relevant systems (system-local-blockadable).
I like this. Somehink like the asteroid processor (maybe even the asteroid processor) to get the MI bonus without needing the outpost (which you will get anyway once you get Exobots).
How do you script system-local-blockade?

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#49 Post by Ophiuchus »

Oberlus wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:27 pm
Ophiuchus wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:46 pm Micrograv needs supply-connected building and no outpost (supply-network-blockadable). GGG needs outpost and no supply-connection. Both effects can be blockaded for other planets in the relevant systems (system-local-blockadable).
I like this. Somehink like the asteroid processor (maybe even the asteroid processor) to get the MI bonus without needing the outpost (which you will get anyway once you get Exobots).
How do you script system-local-blockade?
This also depends how we define that term - e.g. is enemy supply blocking it or not? Enemy aggressive military ship in system would be one. Blockade is of course also part of supply connection definition. Maybe we should provide a FOCS condition if we find a general accepted definition - but I am not yet convinced that such a condition is really useful.

SupplyingEmpire gives you the empire ID which supplies the system which contains the object, so you can check for a planet if no enemy is supplying the system and if there is a non-enemy asteroid belt in the system. One could try to reuse ResourceSupplyConnected.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!