Musician Collective

Samples of sound/music, ideas or suggestions related to the development of audio assets for FreeOrion.
Thursdaybloom
Krill Swarm

Musician Collective

#1 Post by Thursdaybloom »

I've started this topic to bring all the contributing musicians together in the one thread so we can share our styles, what hardware/software we can contribute and just so we can get to know each other.

I use Pro Tools, Ableton Live and Reason mainly. I have Guitar Pro 3 which I can use for effects as well as external guitar pedals and the Kaoss Pad 3.

I work mainly on ambient music, ranging from orchestral ambience to noise/drone.

At the moment I'm working on some ambient sounds for a theoretical Machine/Robot Race. I like the thought of each of the 'races' we end up using in the game having their own music sets. When I have something tangable I'll upload. I figure experimenting with 'race themes' is better than doing nothing.

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

Re: Musician Collective

#2 Post by pd »

Sounds like a good plan. I'm looking forward to what you come up with.

I've some minor experience with audio work, but I've neglected it lately, focusing more on visual arts. Anyway, I've access to FM8 and Ableton Live. There's also a Roland Phrase Lab next to my turntables in my living room.

Gen_
Space Krill

Re: Musician Collective

#3 Post by Gen_ »

Didn't fail that badly lol, someone moved it here eventually.

I'm actually a club music producer, specializing in Purple, a little dubstep and a lot of Grime, which is a primarily UK genre. This is kinda a place to vent my orchestral alter-ego and get some stripes doing soundtrack work.

I produce on Logic and Pro Tools at the studio and sometimes put down ideas when I'm at home on Fruity Loops and my old Reason copy.

I'm learning to play a little guitar too, but if you hear anything here it'll be from a friend of mine cos I'm pretty awful atm :roll: .