Sitrep icon sizes

Development of artwork, requests, suggestions, samples, or if you have artwork to offer. Primarily for the artists.
Rawng
Krill Swarm

Sitrep icon sizes

#1 Post by Rawng »

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I couldn't find a thread anywhere with a quick search. The sitrep seems to display icons at 20x20 pixels while the icons it uses are provided at 64x64. This isn't a big issue but it has caused me a little bit of difficulty when fine-tuning some icons I'm working on because the images don't scale 1:1.

Would it be acceptable to provide sitrep icons in 20x20 or some multiple thereof?

Something else I've noticed is that images tend to overlap the sitrep entry borders. This is easy enough to avoid by placing a 1% visibility (transparent) border around the icon, but that reduces the usable area even more. This isn't a big issue, and sometimes isn't even apparent unless you take a screenshot and zoom in. Mostly I just wanted to make sure that the behavior was known. Also if you leave a completely transparent border around the image it will be scaled until a colored pixel falls on top of the 20x20 pixel border.

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Sitrep icon sizes

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Rawng wrote:Would it be acceptable to provide sitrep icons in 20x20 or some multiple thereof?
No. The icons scale with the font size, and are not shown at a fixed 20x20 or any other exact size.

Rawng
Krill Swarm

Re: Sitrep icon sizes

#3 Post by Rawng »

Ah, it seems obvious now that I know. :oops: Thanks for the answer and explanation.