Changing default colors

Development of artwork, requests, suggestions, samples, or if you have artwork to offer. Primarily for the artists.
eleazar
Design & Graphics Lead Emeritus

Changing default colors

#1 Post by eleazar »

Some time ago, i asked about how to change the default color settings of FO.

I messed around with finding better default colors, but lost my work before i could commit, and never got back around to it.

I'd like to get back to that, but after several searches i can't find the instructions on how to change the defaults.

Reminder please....

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

Re: Changing default colors

#2 Post by Geoff the Medio »

Do you mean the default colours used in the C++ code for the in-GUI configurable colours?

These are defined in lines like this:

Code: Select all

db.Add("UI.system-name-unowned-color",      UserStringNop("OPTIONS_DB_UI_SYSTEM_NAME_UNOWNED_COLOR"),      StreamableColor(GG::Clr(160, 160, 160, 255)),   Validator<StreamableColor>());
where "160, 160, 160, 255" is the colour in RGBA components between 0 and 255 of the default value of that option. Search for "StreamableColor(GG::Clr" in the source code to find all the instances of this sort of line (such as that example, which is from MapWnd.cpp). The strings like "OPTIONS_DB_UI_SYSTEM_NAME_UNOWNED_COLOR" indicates what colour is being specified.