The DOGA ship creation/animation thread

Development of artwork, requests, suggestions, samples, or if you have artwork to offer. Primarily for the artists.
pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#16 Post by pd »

hmm, they are way too high poly in my mind.

you can't use those models in a realtime engine if there are maybe hundreds of them(i hope fo will support such large battles :)

and they don't need so many details(if you add details, do it with a texture map), cuz on the battle screen they will be displayed pretty small.

That Guy
Dyson Forest

#17 Post by That Guy »

Ya, I sorta agree with utilae, they need to be abit more shaped. You can almost notice the shapes they were derived from. They are really cool other wise, I think you just need to refine them.
"The one perfect impossibility is perfection."

Zanzibar
Psionic Snowflake

#18 Post by Zanzibar »

I'll leave the texturin' and refinin' to you guys... the ones with 3d studio max and all those fancy programs, that is... since DOGA can easily export to 3d studio max, I say go for it!! Go nuts! (It's why I'm allowing access to the DOGA source files). Bleh... you just don't have a super high graphics capable card like me, I guess... Running on a geforce FX 5200 with 128 Mb of video RAM has me spoiled!! ;)

Atrocities
Space Krill

#19 Post by Atrocities »

The trick with DOGA is knowning how to use the program without it looking like you are using the "Legos."

Large Image
Large Image

Once you become familar with DOGA you can create just about any image you want. The only draw back to DOGA has is that it cannot render rounded edges very well.

Screen Shots
"All good things come to an end."