Request for (improved) icon for SR_FLUX_LANCE

Development of artwork, requests, suggestions, samples, or if you have artwork to offer. Primarily for the artists.
Ophiuchus
Programmer

Request for (improved) icon for SR_FLUX_LANCE

#1 Post by Ophiuchus »

edit1: i made a basic version by remixing death spores, better art would be appreciated

Request for the artistic people around here for the icon of a new weapon:

The Spatial Flux Lance, a internally mounted short-ranged ship weapon. Cheap to produce, but does only small amount of damage. (4PP 6damage, as cost effective as mass driver-3)

The Spatial Flux Lance generator creates a short-lived spatial distortion in proximity outside the ship. The distortion is deadly to fighters and a nuisance for armoured ships. Multiple generators interfere with each other so only a single Flux Lance part may effectively mounted on a ship.

A Flux Lance can inflict structural damage to ships starting from combat round 3 as the targets are too far away in earlier rounds. The Flux Lance starts to destroy fighters when they come in range in combat round 2.

The weapon's damage is a combination of the shot damage and any active modifiers. Piloting trait does not affect damage. Charging military policy allows to attack a round earlier.

I imagine something like a spear-head/water-drop shaped nozzle - similar to that of the death spores. So starting disconnected from the border with a circle-shape and extending while getting narrower and maybe stop at 3/4 of the picture (to indicate short range). It should look like a energy field somehow, it could also have "hole" on the broader side.

As for the generator/weapon part I think there are no restrictions. One could e.g. reuse the graviton pulse icon.
Last edited by Ophiuchus on Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

Ophiuchus
Programmer

Re: Request for icon for SR_FLUX_LANCE

#2 Post by Ophiuchus »

i blender-gimped something based on the death spores
open under the usual CC license
Attachments
flux lance based on death spores
flux lance based on death spores
flux-lance.png (33.55 KiB) Viewed 1031 times
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!