Policy icons concept

Development of artwork, requests, suggestions, samples, or if you have artwork to offer. Primarily for the artists.
The Silent One
Graphics

Re: Policy icons concept

#16 Post by The Silent One »

wobbly wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:32 pm These look great. Unfortunately they're way too large in game. I have to expand the policy window till it takes up most of the screen space and I still can't easily see what the available policies are.
Did you compile from master? There are buttons to adjust the size of the policy cards.
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

wobbly
Cosmic Dragon

#17 Post by wobbly »

The Silent One wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:39 pm
wobbly wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:32 pm These look great. Unfortunately they're way too large in game. I have to expand the policy window till it takes up most of the screen space and I still can't easily see what the available policies are.
Did you compile from master? There are buttons to adjust the size of the policy cards.
Yes I did. And thanks. The buttons are a little less then obvious but otherwise works.

The Silent One
Graphics

#18 Post by The Silent One »

wobbly wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:45 pmThe buttons are a little less then obvious but otherwise works.
Always open for suggestions how to make them more obvious.
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

stpa
Space Kraken

#19 Post by stpa »

maybe store selection of icon size between games?

and is it possible to fix the height of the government window's lower part so it does not unnecessarily grow when resizing the window?

Geoff the Medio
Programming, Design, Admin

#20 Post by Geoff the Medio »

stpa wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:10 pmand is it possible to fix the height of the government window's lower part so it does not unnecessarily grow when resizing the window?
Window layout can be programmed to do more or less whatever is needed. It hasn't been programmed to do that yet, though.

Grummel7
Space Dragon

#21 Post by Grummel7 »

As I've shown in yesterdays meeting, there is an issue with the differently size icons:
Whenever a category is (de)-selected, the icons are replaced by the big ones, although there positions are calculated based on the previously selected size.

So to reproduce:
  • Open Governance dialogue
  • Select small icons
  • Deselect e.g. Military Policies
  • Icons become big, possibly overlapping, while the selector still shows small selected.
Interestingly, if you change one of the other filters, e.g. select Restricted, the size is fixed again.

The Silent One
Graphics

#22 Post by The Silent One »

Grummel7 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:45 pm As I've shown in yesterdays meeting, there is an issue with the differently size icons:
Whenever a category is (de)-selected, the icons are replaced by the big ones, although there positions are calculated based on the previously selected size.

So to reproduce:
  • Open Governance dialogue
  • Select small icons
  • Deselect e.g. Military Policies
  • Icons become big, possibly overlapping, while the selector still shows small selected.
Interestingly, if you change one of the other filters, e.g. select Restricted, the size is fixed again.
Thanks for reporting, I'll look into it soon-ish.

The Silent One
Graphics

#23 Post by The Silent One »

Fixed here: https://github.com/freeorion/freeorion/pull/3710/files
Thanks again for reporting.

Grummel7
Space Dragon

#24 Post by Grummel7 »

Just found another small issue: The SitRep icon for bureaucracy is broken, it misses the economic_ prefix.

The Silent One
Graphics

#25 Post by The Silent One »

The Silent One
Graphics

#26 Post by The Silent One »

Sometime ago I was asked to redo the colonial bootstrapping icon, and now I would have some time to do it. How should it look?

LienRag
Cosmic Dragon

#27 Post by LienRag »

Nice.

The Silent One
Graphics

#28 Post by The Silent One »

Oh, but the current one already does look nice. I guess then I won't have to change it.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#29 Post by Oberlus »

The Silent One wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:40 am Sometime ago I was asked to redo the colonial bootstrapping icon, and now I would have some time to do it. How should it look?
I think there is another thread where that was being talked about. I don't remember if there was a consensus of any sort.

Ignore LienRag, he is being funny.

The Silent One
Graphics

#30 Post by The Silent One »

So, should we stick with the name or come up with maybe something more generic, like "colonial development program", or favourably something shorter?