Space Monster Art

Development of artwork, requests, suggestions, samples, or if you have artwork to offer. Primarily for the artists.
labgnome
Juggernaut

Space Monster Art

#1 Post by labgnome »

Hare is some art I have made for the space monsters by editing some existing assets. They may not be super great but I like using them in my games and wanted to share.

The ones here are the floater and the tree.
Attachments
floater.png
floater.png (65.99 KiB) Viewed 7766 times
tree.png
tree.png (537.47 KiB) Viewed 7766 times
All of my contributions should be considered released under creative commons attribution share-alike license, CC-BY-SA 3.0 for use in, by and with the Free Orion project.

labgnome
Juggernaut

Re: Space Monster Art

#2 Post by labgnome »

The ones here are the various cloud monsters.
Attachments
void.png
void.png (361.49 KiB) Viewed 7765 times
volcanic_ash.png
volcanic_ash.png (319.29 KiB) Viewed 7765 times
cloud.png
cloud.png (366.58 KiB) Viewed 7765 times
dim_rift.png
dim_rift.png (354.19 KiB) Viewed 7765 times
dampening-cloud.png
dampening-cloud.png (394.89 KiB) Viewed 7765 times
All of my contributions should be considered released under creative commons attribution share-alike license, CC-BY-SA 3.0 for use in, by and with the Free Orion project.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#3 Post by Oberlus »

Wow, you're an artist.

PS: it's a pity that you won't learn how to make PRs. Hopefully some other contributors will make that for you.

labgnome
Juggernaut

#4 Post by labgnome »

Oberlus wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:21 am Wow, you're an artist.

PS: it's a pity that you won't learn how to make PRs. Hopefully some other contributors will make that for you.
So on the subject of making a PR, I assume you mean a Pull Request. I have attempted to before, but do not understand what the "compare" part of it means, so I gave up. I don't want to compare anything I want to request an action. I don't know what I a doing and don't want to do the wrong thing. I really need some hands-on teaching for github because I find it very confusing.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#5 Post by Oberlus »

labgnome wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:09 amSo on the subject of making a PR, I assume you mean a Pull Request. I have attempted to before, but do not understand what the "compare" part of it means, so I gave up. I don't want to compare anything I want to request an action. I don't know what I a doing and don't want to do the wrong thing. I really need some hands-on teaching for github because I find it very confusing.
I think (I've never done a PR) the compare part is for you to confirm (select) the branch of the upstream repository you'd like to merge changes into and (to select) the branch of your fork you made your changes in.

https://help.github.com/en/articles/cre ... rom-a-fork

labgnome
Juggernaut

#6 Post by labgnome »

Oberlus wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:03 pm
labgnome wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:09 amSo on the subject of making a PR, I assume you mean a Pull Request. I have attempted to before, but do not understand what the "compare" part of it means, so I gave up. I don't want to compare anything I want to request an action. I don't know what I a doing and don't want to do the wrong thing. I really need some hands-on teaching for github because I find it very confusing.
I think (I've never done a PR) the compare part is for you to confirm (select) the branch of the upstream repository you'd like to merge changes into and (to select) the branch of your fork you made your changes in.

https://help.github.com/en/articles/cre ... rom-a-fork
See I don't even know how to make changes. When I say I don't understand github, I mean at all.

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#7 Post by Oberlus »

labgnome wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:20 pmSee I don't even know how to make changes. When I say I don't understand github, I mean at all.
Ah, that I part I know how to do it :D
You make changes in your FreeOrion folder. If you said you play with this images, then this images are already in your folder, so the changes are already done.

Not that easy, certainly, because you need to have a fork in github linked to your folder in your machine (and obviously a github user), and to avoid conflicts it is recommended that you have your folder up to date with upstream master. So it should be:
1. Pull recent changes from upstream master to your folder, clear conflicts if any
Alternatively, and probably easier: create a clean fork from upstream master, apply your changes (i.e. copy/overwrite the files you need to make the game use your contributions).
2. Push your folder to your fork in github (that is, make github fork match your local folder).
3. Do the PR.

em3
Vacuum Dragon

#8 Post by em3 »

To be fair, you don't need to have the fork "linked" to the folder on your machine. GitHub allows rudimentary file operations and upload through its web interface.

Checking out the fork on your local machine can make automation of certain operations easier in the long run, though.

You do need a fork to make pull requests, as you will actually be requesting for changes to be pulled from your fork into original freeorion repository (hence "pull request").
https://github.com/mmoderau
[...] for Man has earned his right to hold this planet against all comers, by virtue of occasionally producing someone totally batshit insane. - Randall Munroe, title text to xkcd #556