application type icons

Development of artwork, requests, suggestions, samples, or if you have artwork to offer. Primarily for the artists.
The Silent One
Graphics

Re: application type icons

#16 Post by The Silent One »

The mine was a bit tedious, I hope it's okay now. Revised pop related icons, repair, galactic construction, government apps. I think they're finished, but suggestions are welcome. If these make it into the game, we'll have to see how they work out at smaller resolutions, but I think it should be ok.
Attachments
overview.png
overview.png (241.37 KiB) Viewed 8664 times
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

em3
Vacuum Dragon

#17 Post by em3 »

How about make mine icon to include multiple objects (even duplicates of current icon), as is done with fighters and population?
https://github.com/mmoderau
[...] for Man has earned his right to hold this planet against all comers, by virtue of occasionally producing someone totally batshit insane. - Randall Munroe, title text to xkcd #556

The Silent One
Graphics

#18 Post by The Silent One »

Will try that, thanks.
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.

The Silent One
Graphics

#19 Post by The Silent One »

Yes, I think that works better.
Attachments
app_mines_bl.png
app_mines_bl.png (6.45 KiB) Viewed 8653 times

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#20 Post by Ophiuchus »

I like the new mines icon - good work :) (actually galactic construction and some others are great as well)

But I liked the old social control icon more than the new one :(
It looked like a person inside of a padlock and on the other hand it reminded me of monks/priests.
The new one reminds me of headache :lol:
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

The Silent One
Graphics

#21 Post by The Silent One »

Ophiuchus wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:15 pm The new one reminds me of headache :lol:
How's that one working for you:
Attachments
app_social_control.png
app_social_control.png (3.74 KiB) Viewed 8619 times

Oberlus
Cosmic Dragon

#22 Post by Oberlus »

The Silent One wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:41 am
Ophiuchus wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:15 pm The new one reminds me of headache :lol:
How's that one working for you:
Can't see the attached image. The other ones (in other posts) I can see. Nice work with the mines BTW, I like them more now.

The Silent One
Graphics

#23 Post by The Silent One »

Thanks! Now?
Attachments
app_social_control.png
app_social_control.png (5.48 KiB) Viewed 8605 times

Ophiuchus
Programmer

#24 Post by Ophiuchus »

The Silent One wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:41 pm How's that one working for you:
I'd say its OK. I see a person under pressure. It's just not as inspiring to me as the "padlock".
Any code or patches in anything posted here is released under the CC and GPL licences in use for the FO project.

Look, ma... four combat bouts!

The Silent One
Graphics

#25 Post by The Silent One »

I'll see if I can make a padlock version. In my previous attempt with the new people icon it didn't really work though.