Distant Worlds

Talk about strategy games like MoO series, Civilization, Europa Universalis, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

utilae
Cosmic Dragon

Distant Worlds

#1 Post by utilae »

Distant Worlds is another 4X Space game made by the people who made Armada 2526.

"Distant Worlds is a vast, real-time, 4X space strategy game. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Vast galaxies are made to order: up to 1400 star systems, with up to 50,000 planets, moons and asteroids. Galaxies are so deep, fun and immersive that you won’t want to finish the game... Build, expand and improve your empire endlessly. The galaxy is packed with life and activity. Encounter other empires, independent alien colonies, traders, pirates and space monsters. Explore star systems, asteroid fields, gas clouds, supernovae, galactic storms and black holes. Discover evidence of civilizations long since past, uncovering secrets about the galaxy's troubled history..."

Links:
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/379 ... ant.Worlds
http://au.pc.gamespy.com/pc/distant-worlds

Benji
Space Floater

Re: Distant Worlds

#2 Post by Benji »

I bought this game some time ago. It's absolutely awesome. Well. Since the latest beta patch at least. Before i was quite buggy.

But really, everybody should check it out. Has some very unique gameplay. A bit rough around the edges but it's incredibly refreshing. And very actively maintained by the developer!

Henara
Space Floater

#3 Post by Henara »

Seems very simple to me - reasearch automated...? :(

utilae
Cosmic Dragon

#4 Post by utilae »

I think it's good if you like it. But I don't like the real time stuff so much in these games. And yea the research is not to my liking in this game.

Armada 2526 is the better game of the two that the creator of Distant Worlds has made.