web based Moo-alike tbs needs testers (not a mmo game)

Talk about strategy games like MoO series, Civilization, Europa Universalis, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

aerosuidae
Space Krill

web based Moo-alike tbs needs testers (not a mmo game)

#1 Post by aerosuidae »

This is a personal just-for-the-hell-of-it project I've been meaning to try for years now, using HTML 5 <canvas> and javascript to do a simple web based TBS with an interface similar to Moo1. Its PHP/MySQL on the backend if you care about such trivia.

http://returntosol.com/

Anyone keen to test a game and file bugs for me? No user account required for the single player trial game against AIs.

Browsers supported:

* Mozilla Firefox (all features run)
* Google Chrome (all features run, also fastest javascript engine IMHO)
* Internet Explorer 8 (most stuff runs - <canvas> is simulated and a bit limited).

I think Safari should work (generally because Chrome (ie, webkit) works), but anyone who can test Safari for me will receive much adulation and kudos!

Return to Sol is not a Moo clone, but I freely admit to borrowing happily from Moo1, Moo2 (a bit), FreeOrion, and a few other great games.

Image Image Image Image

EmP
Space Floater

Re: web based Moo-alike tbs needs testers (not a mmo game)

#2 Post by EmP »

Nice work! Is registration working? I've tried and haven't received activation mail.
aerosuidae wrote:...
Return to Sol is not a Moo clone, but I freely admit to borrowing happily from Moo1, Moo2 (a bit), FreeOrion, and a few other great games.
Got a lot OGame feeling in this game.
Governors only issue commands when the construction queue is empty or has less than 1 full turn's worth of work remaining. If you step in and manually schedule units on a planet, the governor will respect your wishes and leave the queue untouched until the next time it falls empty.
Wish MoO 3 viceroy could fit that description :)