Need for new asynchronous strategy game

Talk about strategy games like MoO series, Civilization, Europa Universalis, etc.

Moderator: Oberlus

SpaceMadness
Space Krill

Need for new asynchronous strategy game

#1 Post by SpaceMadness »

Hi All,

This is my first posting, though I have lurked your site on and off for a little while now.

I have a good group of friends that is spread all across North America with another friend who lives in China. At one point we all lived in the same city and had regular games nights. For years we have been able to continue our gaming with various turn based strategy games, however the only two we have ever kept up for any length of time where Stars! and Diplomacy. The reason behind this is the logistics of gathering 4-6 very busy people with children, careers, wives, and living in different time zones on any given night at a specific time borders on the impossible. We need something that is asynchronous, so we can do our turns over a short period of time (1-2 days).

Diplomacy never really captured our imagination, Stars!, though great, has been played to death, its long awaited sequel Supernova never made it to the shelves (probably the biggest game related dissapointment in my life!), and we have yet to find anything else to fit the bill.

Does anyone know what games out there could fit this bill?

marhawkman
Large Juggernaut

#2 Post by marhawkman »

SE games might work. AND you can download them of the internet!
Computer programming is fun.

ewh02b
Space Kraken

War! Age of Imperialism

#3 Post by ewh02b »

http://www.coeytech.com/secure/eaglegam ... ductID=102

It's a fun game, up to 8 can play, turn based, here's a demo (single player only):
http://games.donohoedigital.com/war/demos.html

It's limited to 7 turns, but the full version has unlimited turns.