first i want to say thank you for that game. great someone ist doing this
. freeorion looks already quite good.
1. why are @gmx.de and @gmx.net emails not allowed to register in the forum? gmx is quite populare here in germany :/.
2. does some1 know whats the difference btw. the languagefile ger and de?
3. if i want to help with the translation. do i just edit the string with an editor like mousepad and post the result to the forum?
4. how is construction calculated? has something to do with mining and industry i guess, but not sure how. really hard to understand how the game works at begin.
yesterday i installed freeorion on xubtuntu 11.04 and version v0.3.15. works good until now. some featurerequests
- the first 200 turns are REALLY boring. cant say it an other way. i saw that you will chaneg the cost of the colony-ship. thats a good direction. maybe the player could also get a bonus of +2 to all resources with building the imperial palace?
- a +10 turns button would be great.
- the productionscreen is not easy. if u have more than 10 planets the buildorder is hard to see. would be better if you could first choose a planet and than see, what it builds.
- there is no chance to see what u have already build, or?
- u dont see that u need mining (resources) if there is no "-15.20" (negative value). it took me quite long to understand why my production is so slow
- researchprice is "10*5" or 500*1" or "20*25"... hard to see what is cheap to build first. for me one number would be easier.
- the researchdiscription does often not really help. u dont know what does the tech or the techbuilding. something like: - gives 10% production would be great
- why do u need to focus on one thing as a planet. would be nice to choose: make all resources, but all just 15%. instead of 100% food...
- where is the button "back to menu and save or load"?
- option to autosave over the old save.
- techtree: option to the list where u can say: just show techs with less than 1000points needed.
well... sry. i know its all under development and i was not testing the newest version, but well... mainly i wanted to say: great work