Semi Leave

Development of artwork, requests, suggestions, samples, or if you have artwork to offer. Primarily for the artists.
That Guy
Dyson Forest

Semi Leave

#1 Post by That Guy »

Well, it is abit late for this announcement...

Long time no post.

I am working on my portfolio during the summer, and it will overflow into the rest of the year prolly. But if you guys have any requests of me, just send me a PM, and I can make it part of my portfolio.

I am not, nor ever will, abandon FO, but I can't be as religiously active as before.

I am willing to take any task that you assign me (That I can do in 3DS and Photoshop/Illustrator), and if I can't forfill it, then I will just tell you(don't think it will happen though). I have been training my skills, and I have developed the ability to make low or high poly models. I can make animation, and effects, and everything! I even have a 2.8 ghz P4 to power the rendering.

Anyways, see you all later.
"The one perfect impossibility is perfection."

Tyreth
FreeOrion Lead Emeritus

#2 Post by Tyreth »

Thanks for the offer of continued.

I hope that your portfolio comes out well, and you can create some great art to put in it. You have a good machine for rendering.

Just keep watching the front page for news, and you shouldn't miss the major events.

That Guy
Dyson Forest

#3 Post by That Guy »

Yup, I am going too also look into this forum from time to time also. I just noticed a thread about a website redesign. That looks like fun, I might try that unless it has been deligated to someone.

How are we limited though? Do we have to keep the current template or something?

Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

#4 Post by Aquitaine »

I doubt it. I know the current module is basically just a front door to PHPBB and the Wiki - it hits the announcement board for news (which I guess is nice) and mostly just provides links.

But if you're interested in a redesign, I'd certainly like to talk about it. I think we could use something a little fancier than what we have, even if it's only a front page.
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!

miu
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#5 Post by miu »

That guy: Thank you very much for being with us so far :) I'm eager to see you back later.

I asked Eisentoer (that guy that designed freeorion.de ) if he would like to work on our new design, but haven't heard of him recently. I'll pm him and ask if he's still interested
Difference between a man and a gentleman is that a man does what he wants, a gentleman does what he should. - Albert Camus

pd
Graphics Lead Emeritus

#6 Post by pd »

that guy: i wish good luck with your portfolio, i'm also working on mine at the moment.

about the redesign: i basicly liked the design of the old site very much, i hope the new design will go in the same direction. freeorion.de instead, doesn't look so good to me :/

That Guy
Dyson Forest

Re: Semi Leave

#7 Post by That Guy »

Lawl, guess what guys; IT'S BACK!

Haha, I was doing a google search on my name, and guess what came up.

Oh my god, I can't believe.... the memories.

I'd like to conscript for work, good sirs.

I'm abit more educated now. I'm in year two of my animation college course, taught by Geoff Davidson (he's famous, in the industry). I use softimage 6.5, PS CS2, and a tablet to work.

I won't be able to do anything heavy, as I'm also a Shift Manager at a McD's.

I'm glad this is still going.

PS I'm completely lost as to where we are.

The Silent One
Graphics

Re: Semi Leave

#8 Post by The Silent One »

Nice to see you back. :)
Right now just work on anything you like... pick a well-developed race and model them, or do some fancy ships... there's some tech icons left I believe... let us know what you're doing.
If I provided any images, code, scripts or other content here, it's released under GPL 2.0 and CC-BY-SA 3.0.