Boxes

Development of artwork, requests, suggestions, samples, or if you have artwork to offer. Primarily for the artists.
Tyreth
FreeOrion Lead Emeritus

#2 Post by Tyreth »

I think some of these look good, and have food for thought too.

I'm not much of an artist though, so I'm not going to brave suggestions on how to improve it.

drekmonger
Space Kraken

#3 Post by drekmonger »

The button shapes look nice, and well laid out. Everything looks fairly good.

Not so sure about the detailed texture on the buttons, clashes a bit with the rest of the design.

Neuromancer
Krill Swarm

#5 Post by Neuromancer »

They look nice.
Just talk to drekmonger and find a common way of working. If possible.
Good job, anyway.
... seeker of the Unseekable

The Silent One
Graphics

#6 Post by The Silent One »

I love the idea of the "discoverer's box", but why not let it have an effect upon the game?

Also, we should make a decision which will be the "lead color" of the game - I myself favour blue :wink: .

Nightfish
FreeOrion Designer / Space Monster

#7 Post by Nightfish »

The Silent One wrote:Also, we should make a decision which will be the "lead color" of the game - I myself favour blue :wink: .
I tend to agree. Blue is the color I associate with MoO for some reason. No idea why, though.

Impaler
Creative Contributor

#10 Post by Impaler »

Discovery boxes sound nice, I am assuming most are of an astronomical nature maybe with some anchinet civalizations or space oraganisms thrown in.

Game play effects could be lots of things with free reserch points being the most obvious.

As for color its not a big concern as long as the color dose not induse eye strain, people will be looking at the screen for a LONG time after all. Perphas it could be adjustable?
Fear is the Mind Killer - Frank Herbert -Dune

tsev
Space Kraken

#11 Post by tsev »

The "color" of version 0.1 is going to be the monochromatic blacks and greys you've been seeing in the screenshots. These colors are easily changed in "config.xml", so feel free to tinker.

The design of FreeOrion so far has centered on a very spartan interface. Not a lot of bells and whistles. The green button graphics above don't really fit in well with the current scheme, in my opinion.
FreeOrion Programmer

tsev
Space Kraken

#13 Post by tsev »

Okarena wrote:I mean the color of buttons and graphics. Also the color of nebulas.

OK, I change the green buttons into more spartanic ones.

Whats about the font? Is BankGothic ok?
Only if bank gothic is public domain....we can't use any copyrighted fonts.
FreeOrion Programmer

Aquitaine
Lead Designer Emeritus

#15 Post by Aquitaine »

If you can't be sure it's not copyrighted, we can't use it.

-Aq
Surprise and Terror! I am greeted by the smooth and hostile face of our old enemy, the Hootmans! No... the Huge-glands, no, I remember, the Hunams!